Dragoncrest Cliffs tired of my turmoil.
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Joining 
Aure had never seen redwoods before. Hours ago, the drifter had assumed them to be scarlet mountains at first; but as she neared, it became apparent to her that these, in fact, were trees.

Unfortunately, she hadn't been able to admire these earthly behemoths from afar. It couldn't ever be so simple. Instead, she had become rather bosom with a certain pair of Seqoyan roots and was now the subject of coyote heckling.

Aure swung her disheveled neck, her searing gaze landing on the coyote before her with a 'thud'. Imperious and defiant, she entreated it to snatch the hare she'd sprained a paw to kill. Its whines of apprehension pierced through the crests of her belly-deep growling. The ruddy thing began to pace with aching with anxiety and eyed the hind paw she held at a wary angle.

She wavered, holding herself precariously on three coltish limbs.

An error of her blink, and the ruddy coyote dove towards her, as if to snatch her kill from under her belly. Aure flung what weight she could down, twisting to catch the scavenger on a thin shoulder. However, she'd moved too slow, and the measly thing was able to wrestle out from underneath her.

A shriek of indignation left her gaping maw. The coyote wrung the hare from beneath her, and dug its heels in as an attempt to scurry away. But she flung herself after it, digging her fangs into its flank and tasting the blood and agitation it was born with. A filthy, open-mouthed snarl of utter desperation and exhaustion and hopeless hunger rattled the roots around them.
Messages In This Thread
tired of my turmoil. - by Andraste - December 12, 2018, 10:48 PM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Vercingetorix - December 12, 2018, 11:00 PM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Tux - December 12, 2018, 11:05 PM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Andraste - December 12, 2018, 11:39 PM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Vercingetorix - December 13, 2018, 12:00 AM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Tux - December 13, 2018, 12:20 AM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Andraste - December 13, 2018, 12:46 AM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Vercingetorix - December 13, 2018, 12:58 AM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Tux - December 13, 2018, 06:31 PM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Antumbra - December 13, 2018, 11:58 PM
RE: tired of my turmoil. - by Andraste - December 14, 2018, 12:29 AM