The Tangle she told him to take care of me
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska had been mentally preparing for some sort of retort, and when his response conceded that she was right, it was hard for her to eliminate the surprise before it fully registered on her features. He had said she was right (of course she was!) - a tendril of self-righteousness returned to her heavily scrunched features. 

Many things would change over the course of Raleska’s life. Her home. Her friends. Her enemies.. but her family would remain the constant, the compass that ever pointed true north. Young as she was, her blood was thick with loyalty that would never be bled. 

Her small victory of being right was short lived and hollow, even if she had gotten a name from him. Somehow it seemed to fit. It was short, but not unassuming — a name that carried as much weight to it as his height. As for the answer to Tux’s query...

The girl smiled knowingly to herself. Why don’t you? She allowed a moment’s pause if he wanted to answer, before she continued. It’s cause I want to know things. And people never just come out and tell you what you wanna know. You gotta shake it from them. And sometimes even then, they don’t tell you. Like when adults are talking about something and realize you’re there listening in, so they change the subject. If you don’t stay on top of knowing things, something or someone else will. And they always will find ways to use that against you.

It was a long answer for a girl that was usually silent, but when she finished her voice was low, and possibly a little sad. She had seen much in so short a life, and had drawn her own conclusions about the virtues of the world and its inhabitants. She thought of Easthollow then and the scowl reappeared, this time appearing as a permanent fixture.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 06:44 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 06:56 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:05 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 07:11 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:22 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 07:28 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:49 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 08:01 PM