Arrow Lake verräter
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
idk what this post even is but ig the May Mood is: im not crying ur crying

While awaiting some sort of word from Mahler — a promise, a vow, an acknowledgement, anything — once more her gaze had alit on the babes she’d birthed. Her ears fluted at he will not cross the borders, that the choice was hers, and a silent sigh of easing sifted through her scrawny shoulders. But there was no way that dragostea would know of this... was there?

While Verx’s leaving had been a personal desolation, it had also revealed to her just how much she truly cherished their children and him; how ensnared with captivation her little family had her. There was no place she wouldn’t be with them; nowhere that she wouldn’t follow, whether to some blessed land or into the cursed depths of another.

As it was, until  ( if? )  he returned, their bairns needed their mother; and stay, she would. ”But they need their father, too. A fool,” came the thought, given voice whether or not she meant to, ”So insufferable— a damned fool—”

And she loved him. ...Loved him so much so that whether he returned or not, oh, he’d get an earful! A reckoning!

No matter that she felt so very ridiculous in this moment, and then; if a then would ever happen. ’You're brave but small,’ Verx’d once told her— oh, he'd see just how brave she could be when he—

Scars crescented over ivory skin as taut, as threadbare as parchment. Shuddery breath swept through her breast, and gleaming eyes leapt to Mahler. Her stubborn self wouldn’t ever give permission for tears to fall. Not now, at least, even when she flushed and faded with her own foolishness in the face of her midwife. ”Some think me mad,” Aurëwen croaked, all warbly, ”and now I think I know why.”

A forgiving fury  ( for who? )  tore through the ache within her, and she wasn’t sure what to exactly feel, and Aure let a tear — or two, or three, or ten — shiver from her eyes. For this moment, she would lavish in this mess that this entire situation had come to be... and after, she would dry her eyes, steady her heart, and return to her children as she ought to.
Messages In This Thread
verräter - by Mahler - May 03, 2019, 04:37 PM
RE: verräter - by Andraste - May 03, 2019, 05:39 PM
RE: verräter - by Mahler - May 06, 2019, 01:17 PM
RE: verräter - by Andraste - May 06, 2019, 02:21 PM
RE: verräter - by Mahler - May 13, 2019, 10:48 AM
RE: verräter - by Andraste - May 18, 2019, 11:38 AM
RE: verräter - by Mahler - May 18, 2019, 06:31 PM
RE: verräter - by Andraste - May 18, 2019, 10:07 PM
RE: verräter - by Mahler - May 25, 2019, 11:41 PM