Arrow Lake drowner
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
“Forgive me for my impertinence, but you are correct,” she began, allowing her argent gaze to linger upon Stigmata, “I do not agree to such a vision.” With that, she stood, stepping daintily about her moonchild to walk the thoughts in her opposing mind out amongst the others. If such a pack would willingly follow these terms ...it wasn’t one she wished to lead. But she would, in the time she continued on as Pionier, here. Until her beloved came, and whisked their family from this place — a figment she hadn’t yet disclosed to another soul here. 

Throughout her soliloquy, her tone was an even wisp, but fierce in its stubborn storytelling; though never accusatory. “When Rhaesuial’s foremothers and fathers settled into ze Twelve Tines, they weren’t a haven. They were as Diaspora is: ambitious, conquering, even wandersome. As ze first of what would become many, they could have stated their claim to all twelve peaks. They could have let blood over ‘foreigners,’ as you will, who dared to take such settlements from them.” She met each and every eye, both undaunted and listless, mind misted with far-northen histories. “It was only by ze rule of my great grandsire that Rhaesuial settled in ze heart of ze Tines as a haven.”

“He understood that seasons are long, life is precious, which will undoubtedly be at a loss should such ambitious ideas be vaulted. Which is what this vision is. You cannot fill ze mountains with only ze veins of Diaspora; you cannot promise years unending to a line yet to fully flourish. There is ze promise of your words, yes, but what else? Children grow,” Aure pressed, giving a glance to her own sun-and-stars, “and eventually leave their nests. What’s to say that ours won’t abscond these peaks that you bless upon them?” What’s to say they won’t favor ze seas?

Then there was the previous subject of what seemed to be ‘agree to our creed, or vanish’ — Perhaps I just might — was ludicrous, in her mind. Instead, the silver returned to Isilmë, and took her place at her daughter’s shoulder once more; kept her chin high and eyes unwavering, just as resolute in her position as everyone else seemed to be. “Friendliness with alliances isn’t necessary. But alliances should be strong. My choice is singular, unfavorable, even. But, you want to have undisputed reign over ze Spires?” Gaze became piercing, drawn, “It is an entire range, with far too many leagues to cover, preside over. Promising to secure blood of our own for years to come, where anything may change, alliances or no... I cannot agree to it.”
Messages In This Thread
drowner - by Stigmata - June 13, 2019, 01:24 AM
RE: drowner - by Andraste - June 13, 2019, 02:02 AM
RE: drowner - by Takiyok - June 13, 2019, 03:48 AM
RE: drowner - by Kazimir - June 13, 2019, 09:23 AM
RE: drowner - by Isilmë - June 13, 2019, 02:01 PM
RE: drowner - by Dragomir - June 13, 2019, 11:37 PM
RE: drowner - by Ketzia - June 14, 2019, 12:10 PM
RE: drowner - by RIP Blodreina - June 15, 2019, 04:11 AM
RE: drowner - by Sadiq - June 15, 2019, 04:24 PM
RE: drowner - by Stigmata - June 20, 2019, 10:46 PM
RE: drowner - by Andraste - June 20, 2019, 11:38 PM