The Heartwood starts soft and sweet and turns them to hunters
453 Posts
Ooc —
As soon as he asked, Dragomir regretted it. He desperately wanted to know what pulled Isilmë away from him for so long, but hearing the way she clutched for breath after every few words tore his heart asunder. How selfish of him to demand answers now rather than shepherding her to safety, which is what he should have done the moment he realized who she was.

Yet, even knowing that, Dragomir allowed her to prop herself against him and listened. And when she finished, seemingly frantic about whether or not the wolf she'd followed was real, Dragomir pressed his chin to her scalp and quietly whispered, shhh, it's okay. I'm real. This is all real. I'm so sorry, Isi, I should have been there for you. I failed you.

But he could not allow himself to succumb to those nasty voices in his head, so he nudged her panting neck lightly and asked, do you think you can make it back to Moonspear? I'll support you. It occurred to him that she might be interested to know Praimfaya, Dacio and Opalia had recently joined, but he opted to leave that for later. Preferably after she was out of the cold and had some food in her belly.
Messages In This Thread
starts soft and sweet and turns them to hunters - by Isilmë - December 30, 2019, 07:57 PM
RE: starts soft and sweet and turns them to hunters - by Dragomir - January 05, 2020, 12:22 AM