Sleepy Fox Hollow Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her smirk widened some and a small, soft chuckle moved from her chest as he spoke of his younger days. And I was far less agreeable, but I guess life beats us down eventually, She answered with a wistful sigh; it was how she had been feeling lately: beat down. She had gone so long fighting every single battle she was presented with, and now she was just tired. And she wondered if that was also why she was mostly alone. She had family, but that was different. Maybe she would feel more like herself again once she was back to full strength, but she felt like some part of her spirit was irreparably broken. 

Again, she held off answering his question at first; she wasn't one to talk much about things that upset her, but she had brought it up in the first place and he his question wasn't really that prying. Another sigh. Early in the winter, she finally offered. They merged with another pack and I left. There was far more to it than that, but it was way too much to get into with someone she barely knew. I got sick sometime after and now I'm with them again while I get better. Although she still planned to leave and resume the building of her own pack, guilt over leaving her son again made her reconsider everything. For now, she tried not to think too much on it. She would be with them for a while longer still, and she was content to avoid coming to a decision right now. 

And you? she asked, directing the conversation away from her before things got too personal. How long have you been wandering around here?
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 17, 2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 26, 2020, 10:09 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - August 07, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - October 08, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - October 24, 2020, 11:00 PM