Sleepy Fox Hollow Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Maybe she was right and maybe she wasn't. It was all just her opinion on the matter, which he could take or leave. She just felt like he might be interested in a different way of seeing things. She knew pack life was complicated: you often had to compromise where you wouldn't normally—if you had strong personality, anyway. It wasn't always easy but like she said, the benefits typically outweighed everything else. 

She smiled and gave a strange, sad huff of laughter at his question. He would probably think her answer was strange given what she had just finished telling him. She shifted to study his face, trying to decide if she wanted to tell him the truth. But she had promised, and she felt like he deserved a truthful answer from her after what he had offered to her already. If I could change one thing, it would be to not be a part of it, she told him, shrugging as she watched his expression. Then she proceeded to explain her confusing answer. I told you I left, got sick, and then ended up returning, she started. I had no choice; I would have died otherwise. Now she looked away. There are a lot of...uncomfortable feelings and memories associated with my pack. I left for a very good reason; returning was not a part of my plans. She drew in a deep breath and released it slowly. But now I'm conflicted about leaving again. She was quiet for a few moments, aware that she was probably making no sense. My son is there—he didn't want to leave with me before, she continued. He's all I really have left and leaving him again— her words fell away. She had said far more than she had planned. It wasn't like her to give someone she barely knew such an intimate look into her thoughts, but it had all weighed so heavily on her mind for so long, and she no one to talk to about it. Sia had his own shit gong on, Mahler was out of the question. That left only her son, and she refused to dump any of this on him; he had been through enough. The decision has tortured me since the second I returned.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - June 17, 2020, 01:03 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - July 21, 2020, 12:00 AM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - August 07, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Takiyok - October 08, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Slippin' through dreamland like a tourist - by Taikon - October 24, 2020, 11:00 PM