Seaside Moors Longs for sun and lays in the dark
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Rosalyn's tension ebbed away like the lolling tide. Raleska's came in full force, furious -- scrabbling over ground she had only just barely touched base with. The girl tipped her head back silently, focusing first on only breathing through her nose. If she could just control her breaths, it would in turn control the flare of her unsteady emotions -- breathe, breathe... breathe.

Could she really say, whether or not she ended up like Caiaphas? The thought was very real -- and the fear, even more real still. There was, in the back of Raleska's mind, the dawning realization that her mother surely had not always been that way.

That little things had transpired, and clicked into place just so. What was that expression, about slippery slopes..? Surely, Raleska would not be too far behind.

"I cant even tell you." Raleska sighed, avoiding Rosalyn's single gaze. "I can't even tell which way is up or down or even forward these days. I don't know. I don't know what will happen a month from now or a year from now -- we went from okay to nosedive, and I don't.. I don't know what pieces to pick up, or where... This time last year Drageda was still very real.. And now, hah --" A bitter laugh choked her voice. "Now, I'm realizing Drageda wasn't even the biggest threat to our lives all along.. Just.. just a blip in the past. And the hits keep coming, like waves, over and over.. and over.." Her stream-of-consciousness speech began to speed up and then fade. "And sometimes I feel like we're just along for the ride. Completely out of control."
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 14, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - July 14, 2020, 08:07 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 19, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - July 23, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 28, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 09, 2020, 04:20 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - August 12, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 17, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - August 25, 2020, 11:28 AM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 29, 2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - September 03, 2020, 06:26 PM