Bearclaw Valley They don’t get the context ‘cause it’s too complex
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Sorry for the long post, got inspired for a sec lol (●´ω`●)

Donovan, or now revealed to be Kynareth, wants to scoff at all of their weak excuses. The kid isn’t dead. Nyra however is far closer to death then their own pack member. Hell, if Donovan had been that kid and snapped at an ally pack mate like that he’d probably be the dead one. After getting his ass beat by the allied wolf, his father would take a turn making him black and blue as well. Donovan is much less sensitive. He’s always been more logical, less emotional. Ursus seems to want to only want to play by their rules. To the brindled king, apologizing so blatantly is painful to his pride; like rolling over and exposing a cream belly. Especially when there’s so many plot holes in their own responses.

He wants to call Evien out. He knew Nyra was an ally. They met at the pack meeting, yet he still encouraged whatever happened to drive the situation in the direction that it did. That is almost blatant betrayal. One of Donovan’s pet peeves. If he recalls right, a member of Ursus by the name of Revui trespassed then disrespected the fuck out of them. Yet there he was keeping his teeth to himself. Like a good little ally. 

He’d be more likely to if Merrick were there possibly. Though his blackbird seems dense, he knows there’s a fiery spark of intelligence in her violet orbs. Even as Derg apologizes so easily, the Grandmaster looks to his counterpart with masked incredulity. He expects nothing less of the nicer male. 

So he listens as they all defend their own. First to Evien, then to Skoll. He wants to shake his head at Evien’s words. Everything the man is assuming of the brindled male is wrong. Though he knows if he tries to make them see it from his perspective they won’t give a rats ass. He’d be stupid to chase out or kill a perfectly capable blade — weapon — such as Nyra. He can’t afford it, especially with the knocking of enemies on their door and the shrinking of his pack. Though he also cannot risk loosing this alliance due to Nyra’s inability to control herself. She will be punished. Again.

As for Skoll’s response — it makes him internally laugh. They would be disappointed to learn what he would do if his own pup had mouthed off at an ally and got their ass beat. It was their fault in the first place. 

Finally though, he will speak. He’s not biting and crass like the lot of them. Rather, calm and collected. First, he addresses Evien. “I apologize for any harm that has come to the pup.” His words are genuine enough.  He apologizes to the pack as a whole. Not to an individual. “I am not policing your emotions, feel how you want. Yet, you seem to be unaware that my pack mate is closer to death then the pup is. It would be idiotic of me to get rid of her. Especially as my pack members have shrunk and my enemies continuously sniff for any trace of the Saints. All I can give you is that she will be severely punished.”

He pauses, a sigh and he continues gazing to Evien, only occasionally glancing at the others. “Though I’m sure you are a capable medic, Evien. If you so wish it, I am willing to send another to assist with the pup.”
Messages In This Thread
RE: They don’t get the context ‘cause it’s too complex - by Kynareth Deagon - September 11, 2020, 11:59 PM