Stone Circle Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun

For the longest time as he spoke there was no reaction. No interruption, no tensing of her stance, or change in her gaze. She was as unreadable as the earth they walked and the reason so much pain could exist in what was once a simple world. The unease in his stomach boiled, threatening to consume him whole as he soon found his words faltering. And then he saw it— her ears tilted back, a frown taking place where a smile belonged.

"no-"

It was a simple response, but one with enough power to crumble his hopes. Out of habit, the woodland boy felt his own jaw lock, perhaps to avoid spilling forth anymore of his pathetic feelings. He knew better, he knew she wouldn't just sit back and agree happily, but he had still hoped, that maybe, just maybe she would at least do it for him.

"you really think running is the right decision?"

For the first time in his short life, standing still made the boy itch. In an instant, his own ears fell back against his skull as he found a strong urge to fidget, now uncomfortable under the stare of those pretty mismatched eyes. Of course, he didn't want to leave—! Didn't she understand that that was the whole reason he struggled to?  Maybe he had fought off Ursus this time, but who's to say how successful he will be next time? If there would even be a next time?

There was a part of truth to her words. West could also see the crazed look in those eyes, the insanity that drove them for blood, but they had a reason now. They mostly kept away before, and then he— he...didn't mean to. He never liked the witch, he wanted her gone, but he had never intended to take her life, or...maybe he did? He could feel his stomach twist in pain as his muzzle twisted to match the disgust he felt within.

It was only when the dove's head bowed that he found himself able to breathe again. Polaris' voice dropped as she continued, explaining that she too felt weak. But even without the training, he knew she wasn't. He had seen her fire, she burned with a flame stronger than even his, or at least so he thought now. He wanted to say so, that she was probably the strongest wolf he knew, but failed to find the words. Not with those eyes boring back into his soul. Not when her words cut like a knife.

"you can't do that to your parents

don't do what clay did"

There was as visible wince despite her desperate attempt to take back what had already been said. She was crying and it made the lump he tried to swallow only grow inside his throat. He knew his parents loved him, he loved them too and he had loved all his siblings, even if they all left too. But he couldn't take another death with only himself to blame. Clay hated him. He never said it, but it was clear the way he avoided him, even as kids.

West was dumb, but even he knew that some of those play fights were not playing for one of them. There was always a malicious side to Clay, a side that hated him and he never knew why. He had driven his brother away, and as a result, he lost Newt too, wherever he may be now. Then Clay died. Leta didn't feel like she belonged here anymore, and while he had encouraged her to follow the life she wanted, it only made him wonder if it could have stemmed from him too. What kind of big brother was he if he only tore his family apart?

Couldn't Polaris see? It was his fault his family was falling apart. If he stayed then the few he had left, Mom, Dad...Polaris. It all started with him, but the others would never admit it. For a moment, they both wept, until the last words whispered by the dove finally sent him over.

"i can't lose you west tyree

i don't care if that's selfish"

DON'T YOU GET IT? The words had exploded from his chest before he even had the chance to realize what he was doing. He was wailing now and the embarrassment flooded through him as he hung his head in shame. I-I can't lose — anyone else. Once more he tried to swallow that lump, the one that had now rooted itself to block his airway and left him sputtering, I don't know what I'd— I—

I love you.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - October 02, 2020, 04:03 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - October 04, 2020, 11:48 AM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - October 05, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 14, 2020, 12:53 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - November 14, 2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 14, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - November 14, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 18, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - November 18, 2020, 07:23 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by RIP Polaris - November 30, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Feeling Hotter Than a Glue Gun - by West Tyree - December 09, 2020, 06:01 PM