Seaside Moors Our mind is not where it should be
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska was silent, musing over Rosalyn's words. The Sound did mean something to Raleska -- but, what ever hold it had over her was impossible to explain. It was more than a home -- she wouldn't even call it that, for it lacked the safety and warmth one associates with a home.. Rather.. it was something else; cold and incredibly familiar. Something deeper, a part of her the same way her childhood was.

She ignored the uncomfortable twisting of her mind. "I just know those two best, as places that are more defensible than here." In her own strange way, Raleska didn't want to see the Sound claimed. There was a superstitious belief, ridiculous as it may seem, that the Sound was an entity -- a malevolent and uneasy ghost that slept fitfully. One she did not wish to wake by bringing activity to its depths. "No more challenges?" Raleska inquired, solemnly realizing that perhaps, this was the end of her mother's vision. Caiaphas had been dead a long time, but the pack remained -- the last of her legacy before it too faded into memory. Rusalka was the last piece of Caiaphas alive that Raleska had to hold on to.

Why did she keep holding onto it?

"Alright. I'll take the children." Raleska didn't promise she would be nice to them, and it wasn't hard to catch she was uncomfortable with the prospect of babysitting children she'd happily abandoned. "Tell me when."
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 13, 2020, 01:05 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Raleska - October 13, 2020, 01:21 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 13, 2020, 02:14 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Raleska - October 13, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 14, 2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Raleska - October 14, 2020, 12:56 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 14, 2020, 01:28 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Raleska - October 14, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 14, 2020, 02:17 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Raleska - October 16, 2020, 08:54 AM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 18, 2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Raleska - October 21, 2020, 09:33 AM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 22, 2020, 03:02 AM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Raleska - October 22, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: Our mind is not where it should be - by Rosalyn - October 27, 2020, 10:41 PM