Nova Peak I've been gettin' lost in translation
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She was relieved he had been rescued, but it hurt to know that he had been so close this whole time, and she had never found him. All that time she would never get back. He was an adult now, and she had nothing to do with the shaping of his character or his sense of right and wrong. She felt like it was her fault—if she had only searched harder, maybe she would have found him. 

And when he informed her that he had been on his own for a while, she looked him over, inspecting him as a worried mother. She saw she had no reason to be worried for him, though, and she wasn't surprised. You look good—strong, she told him fondly. She was proud and not in the least bit surprised. Mostly, she was just happy to have him back. 

She was disappointed he wouldn't be staying in Sagtannet, but she kept the feeling to herself. He had gotten by this long on his own, so she hardly had any say in what he did or where he stayed. He wanted to stay close, and that was all that mattered. His plans were to restore Diaspora; his ambition was palpable. Concern hardened her expression, though. I understand, she told him first. That is an ambitious plan, but do not sacrifice your life for it. Like his father. I want you to be happy.  She wanted him to have everything, as she did all her children. But it was impossible to control their lives now that they were all adults, not always for lack of trying, though.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - October 21, 2020, 03:37 AM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Ego - October 24, 2020, 05:27 PM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - October 25, 2020, 12:29 AM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Ego - November 29, 2020, 04:34 PM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - December 05, 2020, 08:41 PM