Nova Peak You let me get a bite, out of sight, out of mind
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She scented the Eisen before she heard the steps of her approach. Her company was welcome, and she slowed down to allow Wylla to catch up. 

She didn't pick up on the tone of the question if it was obvious, and instead took it at face value. We met in the mountains back when Sagtannet was still in Sawtooth, she answered. We talked for a long time, and he came back later, after we moved, to warn me of the Saints and check to make sure I was okay. She still wasn't sure what to think about his concern for her. She cared about him, sure, but something about him specifically seeking her out to check on her caused a pang in her chest anytime she thought about it. Best not to dwell on complicated feelings—that had never gotten her anywhere good, and she like the uncomplicated and supportive friendship that had begun to form between them. I ran into him near the mountains after we moved; he told me of Whitebark Stream and how he did not have a pack anymore. I knew he would be good for Sagtannet, so I invited him to join us. 

I know he will be a good addition, she added. He would pull his weight and not cause any drama. Of course, she was also glad to have him here as a friend she could talk to.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
RE: You let me get a bite, out of sight, out of mind - by Takiyok - November 17, 2020, 09:20 PM