Big Salmon Lake I saw fireworks from the freeway
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Editing this with a conclusion, so it can be a trade thread. RIP Toad Amelia 
"Yeah," Lane confirmed, encouraged by Toad Amelia's reaction to the creepy birds. She dropped her voice too, to match the other woman's whisper. "Yeah.. I think they're spies." Spies for who, Lane didn't know. The trees, perhaps?

Toad Amelia was immediately taken aback by the mention of talking woods, which was the approproprate response in Lane's opinion. Talking trees should equal a mandatory additional chin or two. 

Lane leaned closer as Toad began a question, then paused. She also tossed a concerned glance over her shoulder. 

Walk?! Do the trees walk?! Lane stepped backwards in fear, her mouth hanging open. "Is that a thing?!" she squeaked, "Walking trees?" Was Toad Amelia just messing with her now?

Telling tall tales and cutting up made the work go by swiftly. Before she knew it, Lane had a towering pile of comfrey roots. She divided the pile down the middle reluctantly. It wasn't that she didn't want to share with Toad Amelia-- far from it!-- it was just that she was really enjoying herself and sad bid her new friend goodbye. 

After promising to meet up again soon, the pair parted ways.  The time spent with Toad Amelia this afternoon had lifted Lane's spirits, and she looked forward eagerly to the next time she would visit with the storyteller from Firefly Glen.
Messages In This Thread
I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - November 25, 2020, 12:33 PM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 27, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - November 27, 2020, 05:23 PM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 27, 2020, 09:08 PM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - November 28, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 30, 2020, 02:42 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - December 01, 2020, 10:18 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 04, 2020, 03:10 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - December 05, 2020, 12:47 PM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 07, 2020, 08:38 PM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - December 11, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 13, 2020, 03:18 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - December 13, 2020, 11:16 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 23, 2020, 02:30 AM
RE: I saw fireworks from the freeway - by Lane - December 28, 2020, 11:57 AM