Hideaway Strath Quiet when I'm coming home
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik hardly minded the snow; it only caused issues when she was trying to hunt, but she had dealt with worse. Now, though, she just let the icy precipitation gather on the edges of her top coat as she quietly considered the new state of her life.

Approaching steps pulled her from her trance, and she paused the cleaning of her paw to watch Kynareth moving towards her. Her heart skipped again, like it had that day on the borders and often after that when they were together. His soft greeting had a smile curving her lips, but she could tell there was something off about his laugh—he had been looking for her all over and she figured he might have grown worried when he didn't find her. 

She stood and shook the snow from her fur before reaching forward to nuzzle his neck. I'm not going anywhere, she assured him, finally saying the words out loud. Until now, they had just been a thought in her mind—a realization she had come to slowly. Saying it made it more concrete, yet she didn't regret it. Guilt swelled in her chest, though; she imagined Mal and how worried he must be. He was probably searching for her. But if he found her and she refused to leave—what would happen then? It was too painful to think about, so she dealt with it in her usual way and avoided it all together. She would rather focus on Kynareth and easing his worry. That was much easier.

She turned and began to walk but paused to look over her shoulder at him. Let's get out of the snow, she suggested. He probably wasn't as fond of it as she was, and they weren't very far from his den. 

As they moved inside, she realized she left the remains of her meal out in the snow. She would just go back later and move it to a cache. She slowly stretched and settled on the ground, her expression inviting him to lay next to her. Did you have a reason for looking for me? she asked. Or did you just want to make sure I hadn't left?
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - January 12, 2021, 12:59 AM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - January 12, 2021, 10:46 AM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - January 12, 2021, 03:47 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - January 13, 2021, 03:07 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - January 14, 2021, 03:17 AM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - January 14, 2021, 03:55 AM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - January 14, 2021, 01:13 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - January 17, 2021, 04:21 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - January 22, 2021, 08:39 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - January 27, 2021, 03:24 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - January 27, 2021, 05:01 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - January 27, 2021, 07:18 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - January 27, 2021, 10:25 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - January 31, 2021, 01:38 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - February 03, 2021, 04:01 AM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - February 06, 2021, 11:38 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - February 16, 2021, 01:36 AM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - February 23, 2021, 09:21 PM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Simmik - February 24, 2021, 12:46 AM
RE: Quiet when I'm coming home - by Kynareth Deagon - April 07, 2021, 12:18 PM