Firefly Ravine Steady as a needle dropping on a vinyl
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Editing in a conclusion, since @Oceane is inactive. Feel free to bring her by DFG for another thread if you reactivate her!

Oh, adventuring! That sounded incredible. 

Lane smiled, knowing she'd found a kindred spirit. She might have asked to join the woman and her partner from the saltwater, if only she'd been free of her obligations. 

Obligation did weigh heavy upon Lane, and I do mean heavy.  Lane had far too much, ahem, extra baggage to be going on any impromptu excursions. She probably shouldn't have even been on this planned trip, or that's what nearly everyone she'd come across seemed to imply. This milk-and-fluff coated stranger had yet to refer to Lane's obvious pregnancy, and that scored her quite a few points in the tired mother's eyes. 

"The taiga," Lane answered, a little wistfully. "My home." 

Equal parts pride and longing were attached to the word home, which took Lane aback. Was this what it felt like, to have a home? 

"I live in a pack called Duskfire Glacier." She inhaled deeply; she could almost smell the icy coldness rolling off the glacier. Lane swung her gaze back to miss milkfluff. "It would be a great place for an adventurer to visit in the summer, if your travels happen bring you inland," she suggested. Where better to escape the heat of the beach, than a giant hunk of ice?

With a farewell nod, Lane turned northward. She would follow the cut of the ravine up into The Tangle, until she found a spot that was narrow enough to cross, aided by a fallen sequoia spanning the gap. She would then strike out into the Taiga, beginning the final leg of her journey homeward.
Messages In This Thread
Steady as a needle dropping on a vinyl - by Lane - June 03, 2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Steady as a needle dropping on a vinyl - by Oceane - June 03, 2021, 01:25 PM
RE: Steady as a needle dropping on a vinyl - by Lane - June 03, 2021, 01:41 PM
RE: Steady as a needle dropping on a vinyl - by Oceane - June 07, 2021, 01:25 PM
RE: Steady as a needle dropping on a vinyl - by Lane - June 08, 2021, 08:44 AM