Noctisardor Bypass storms in africa
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
619 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
The day had begun clear and sunny, though now the clouds gathered and the breeze smelled like rain. The air grew thick, oppressively so, forcing Druid to seek the cool interior of the den after playing outside awhile. Normally she would curl up beside her mother or sister near the back, though she stretched out by the entrance so she could enjoy the fresh airflow.

She drowsed as it began to drizzle. Druid didn’t stir when Witch joined her, though she woke a little later, feeling uncomfortably warm. Panting, she moved away from her litter mate, pressing her small flank to one rocky wall. It felt cool to the touch, so she lingered there, peering blearily out at the rainstorm.

Something other than rain dropped abruptly from the sky, causing Druid to start. Her eyes widened as she watched a flurry of feathers flopping about on the rain-slick grass. Only when it momentarily grew still could the pup identify the bird, its beak open in a silent cry and its tiny breast heaving.

She stepped out of the den and the bird began to flap frantically once more, arousing not just her interest but Druid’s predatory instincts. She crouched, pupils dilating as she fixed on the struggling creature, mindless of the cool summer rain.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
storms in africa - by Druid - June 08, 2021, 12:22 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Sequoia - June 11, 2021, 04:37 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Druid - June 13, 2021, 09:04 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Sequoia - June 17, 2021, 04:06 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Druid - June 17, 2021, 05:10 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Sequoia - June 23, 2021, 05:21 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Druid - June 23, 2021, 06:13 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Witch - June 25, 2021, 03:33 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Sequoia - July 07, 2021, 07:07 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Druid - July 07, 2021, 07:48 PM
RE: storms in africa - by Sequoia - July 29, 2021, 09:39 AM