Redsand Canyon But the rain never came
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He congratulates his boy and he feels an overwhelming sense of pride as Tulok moves to piss on a few more things. Merely smiling and watching before he thinks it’s time to give his son a bit of a pep talk — a bit of education. 

They walk then, the splotchy furred pup coming to step beside him. He tells him things and watches his reaction the whole time. He sees the disappointment in his eyes as he mentions him being too small, but he continues anyhow. He would boost this kids ego so far he’d think he were god himself soon enough, but there are times that Kyn has to be real with him and that was one of those times. Else they might have another Nyra-Ursus situation. 

Still, Tulok takes the rest of his speech well and he can see the determination there and, god damn, does it make him a proud father. He only continues to impress as he speaks. 

I’m strong. He says, not I will be strong. He’s right he already is. Mentally he’s doing well in that regard, physically he has no choice but to gain strength over time and with age. He knows his son will get there and when he does he demands to be there for his first fight and kill. 

I won’t hesitate.

Kyn grins and chuckles softly. “I know you won’t. I can see it in you. A fucking Saint and your proud of it. I’m proud of it.” He congratulates. “With more training you will be able to rival even me when you’re older and that should be your goal — to best me.” 

A pinch of silence flits between them and Kynareth looks out into the sands they walk through. “When I am gone I want my sons to lead this pack.” He says then, much quieter than before. Turning to look at him now. “I will not choose between you three. You must earn it. Fight for it, but not to the death.” He says this because he doesn’t want him to think that just because Alduin is first born that everything will fall into his lap. Alduin, too, will have to fight for his place among the ranks of his brothers when that fateful day comes…

When he is gone.
Messages In This Thread
But the rain never came - by Kynareth Deagon - July 30, 2021, 02:04 AM
RE: But the rain never came - by Tulok - July 30, 2021, 10:52 AM
RE: But the rain never came - by Kynareth Deagon - July 30, 2021, 11:28 AM
RE: But the rain never came - by Tulok - July 30, 2021, 08:37 PM
RE: But the rain never came - by Kynareth Deagon - July 31, 2021, 03:27 AM
RE: But the rain never came - by Tulok - August 19, 2021, 02:24 PM
RE: But the rain never came - by Kynareth Deagon - August 27, 2021, 05:30 AM