Snowforest Taiga when the firetrucks show up
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
I love it! Here's a link to an article explaining a little more. 

Lane nodded. "When I opened this skull up yesterday, there were empty spots in the brain, like.." She might have said a sponge, if she'd had any concept of what a sponge was. "Like a honeycomb," she said, settling on the closest imagery she could muster. "That's why the brain has deteriorated more quickly than the rest of the body, if I had to guess." 

Lane wasn't a great reader of emotions, and so she hadn't noticed Askari's disgust. As a medic, it was her profession to deal with sick bodies and yes, sometimes those bodies were deceased. It was a necessary evil in the spirit of learning more about the diseases that affect wolfkind. 

"The damage to the brain seems to occur while the affected creature is alive. It causes behavior changes. The deer can't seem to remember how to feed, or how to walk in a straight line. They shake and limp around until they die... but not before passing the disease on to others." 

The implications were obvious. Where there was one zombie deer, there would be more. This deer marked the beginning of an outbreak, and that was a major concern to Lane.
Messages In This Thread
when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 01, 2021, 05:52 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 02, 2021, 01:00 AM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 05, 2021, 10:00 AM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 06, 2021, 09:09 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 07, 2021, 04:03 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 10, 2021, 01:48 PM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Lane - December 18, 2021, 11:10 AM
RE: when the firetrucks show up - by Askari - December 19, 2021, 10:19 PM