Hideaway Strath What if what you do to survive
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,114 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette watched the twitch in his muscle. She figured that if the male had the limp when he had been young, then he had gotten quite old with it. It was maybe a nuisance but at least the male could survive. Arlette's gaze softened when the male exclaimed that he shouldn't have left her. She shook her head. "Don't blame yourself. What I've learned about life so far is that it does what it wants. Even if you would have been with her, there might have been other consequences. You cannot always be around to protect someone. It isn't realistic," she returned quietly. She knew that all too well. She had lost so many over her mere four years of life.

Arlette was glad for him that he had returned for different reasons. She hated to disappoint him. It was never fun to hear that someone died, especially someone that was special for you in the recent or in the past years. She quietly listened to Adlartok and what he had to say about her grandmother. Honestly, she sounded wonderful. She was a little charmed that he addressed her with 'Miss'. It was overall extremely endearing to hear how fond he was of her grandmother. He even flattered her that he called pretty. She flushed a little but dipped her head in thanks. It was a nice compliment, especially with her face full of scars. "Those are really sweet words. If you wish we can one day travel to her final resting place as a way to give some closure?" She was not sure if he wished for that, or that it had already been a chapter he closed.

Arlette looked at the man with some new found respect, the way he talked about Scarlett. "May... May I ask why you left her?," she asked. She figured she might some more personal questions too. She was more than willing to open up. "It seems though, that life wasn't done with you in our lives. I'm really glad for it," she hummed. "The Saints, they have become my new family though. I was in this pack before. My... previous mate lived here. He was the General. They might be a rough bunch, and perhaps a little murderous, but each of them is truly loyal. Each one would die to protect the other." She might look like a weird fit but somehow it clicked. She was quiet and kind but it was sometimes exactly what these wolves needed. "Why did you join the saints?"
Messages In This Thread
What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - June 30, 2022, 08:40 PM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 05:10 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 06:37 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 06:53 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 07:05 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 07:51 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 08:07 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 09:03 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 09:21 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 10:18 AM