Redtail Rise sonata
Pledged
Dragonspine
881 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Think I’ll fade this one! Thank you for the thread, it’ll be handy toward her trade. :)

She bobbed her head in silent acknowledgement. “Now you know.” Armed with this knowledge, Masquerade turned her bright eyes to the water, scouring for any signs of another frog.

When none appeared after a few moments, the pup decided to try her luck at another spot a little further along the bank. She swiftly bypassed Ashlar, then found an ideal place and crouched at the water’s edge. Masque reminded herself to be very patient and very still.

It was more than an hour (and several location changes) later when Masquerade finally zeroed in a frog and decided to make the leap. She splashed into the shallows, teeth snapping, but came up empty. Dripping wet, she could only watch as the frog’s silhouette glided out of reach underwater.

She didn’t want to give up and disappoint Ashlar, though soon she slumped in the grass and began gnawing on a cattail instead. Masquerade quickly learned that it wasn’t particularly palatable, spitting a surprising amount of fluffy fiber from her mouth.

It wasn’t long after that when Ashlar called it a day and Masquerade gratefully left the water, silently noting that it was not one of her favorite hunting habitats.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
sonata - by Ashlar - August 10, 2022, 10:38 PM
RE: sonata - by Masquerade - August 11, 2022, 08:56 AM
RE: sonata - by Ashlar - August 11, 2022, 10:46 PM
RE: sonata - by Masquerade - August 13, 2022, 06:00 PM
RE: sonata - by Ashlar - August 15, 2022, 11:14 AM
RE: sonata - by Masquerade - August 15, 2022, 11:24 AM
RE: sonata - by Ashlar - August 19, 2022, 10:28 AM
RE: sonata - by Masquerade - August 22, 2022, 10:34 AM
RE: sonata - by Ashlar - September 17, 2022, 10:55 AM
RE: sonata - by Masquerade - September 19, 2022, 09:10 AM
RE: sonata - by Ashlar - September 29, 2022, 02:49 PM