Redtail Rise Some Words with a Mummy
Pledged
Dragonspine
903 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Her mouth opened, then shut. Masque wouldn’t press the point of their mother’s death. Redd seemed ready to drop it and move on to something else, based on the touches carrying mostly affection but a little bit of puzzlement too.

I don’t want to have pups, she thought again, more vehemently. She supposed she could confess as much to her sister, though Masque decided to just let it go for now. It wasn’t like she wanted to keep thinking about carrying and birthing young. A light shudder wracked her.

Still want to spar? Masquerade wondered, though before her sister could reply, she added, Oh, there’s something I wanted to show you, and, in fact, she couldn’t believe she’d nearly forgotten.

Motioning for Redd to walk alongside her, Masque began walking toward the north face of the rise. She stuck close to its foot, guiding her fellow Toweard into a deep copse of trees tucked against the natural curvature of the hillock. The pungent smell of moose urine made Masque glance at her sister. It reminded her of the mother and calf they’d stalked once, though it was different: powerfully masculine.

She faced forward and led Redd to the base of a tree, where she hunched her back and proceeded to claw at the leaf litter and soil underneath. She had only buried her find shallowly, so it wasn’t long before Masque unearthed several tines and then the entire span of a single shed Alces alces antler.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - November 29, 2022, 08:01 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 03, 2022, 10:50 AM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 03, 2022, 01:05 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 12, 2022, 06:36 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 12, 2022, 08:33 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 18, 2022, 03:53 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 19, 2022, 09:43 AM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 27, 2022, 01:13 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 30, 2022, 11:18 AM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 30, 2022, 12:28 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 30, 2022, 03:15 PM