Mount Apikuni And girl, you find me right where I am, you're the one thing I can't lose
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,095 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Tags for reference

A breaking and a sundering. That was what it felt like. When the knowledge of what had transpired broke down upon him. Reyson could do nothing but stare off into space. He should have seen the signs they were all there.

Meadow's constant talk of the Imperator, keeping him at arms length. If she wanted Imperator why didn't she just tell the scarred soldier. No instead, they had betrayed and finally broken the man. Reyson could have spoken with both. HE was not a wolf against sharing, in some cases, but to just do it behind his back and to demand so much of him, personally. It was unfair.

He hoped that part of them felt guilty, and yet he also hoped that they could find happiness. Perhaps if he was not involved. He wondered if they would even realize that they had finally succeeded in breaking the career soldier. Perhaps it seemed miniscule to many. He would be called foolish he knew this, but it had been the final straw in a life full of a tapestry of hurt, these scars wouldn't show on his body. No.

He had watched his parents torn apart in front of him, then he had been taken with no time to grieve and thrown into the same carnage he had just witnessed. he had been forced to fight and bleed and die for soldiers that cared nothing for him. Then those he had loved, Renaud, Amity, Rook, he had then watched as they to were torn apart in front of him. Three loyal wolves that stood with him, that refused to leave him. That he couldn't save. He had swallowed the pain, he had tightened it's reins, He hadn't given in. He had come here.

Found a place he belonged. Then he had been shoved in a viper's pit of wolves that were like the ones that had killed his renaud. Wolves that felt they deserved more than they were given. And he had found a small pinprick of happiness, only to find out he was second best and she clearly had never loved him. Not once. Her pretty promises and her questions. Demands of him. And she had thrown it all way. That was a big enough betrayal.

But the worst was that of commander and soldier. A man he had respected who also made demands. No procreating without marriage. A man who had known how Reyson had felt and took what he wanted anyway. That was the biggest pain.

He could tell Lady Fennec, but what good would it do. That would bring more dishonor and there was enough. So he could leave this world as quietly as he came in it. He had told @Arsenio @Tamar where he'd be going, he hoped they would understand, but he needed space. Without a backward glance he headed towards the mountain. What would transpire there. He didn't quite yet know.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Messages In This Thread
And girl, you find me right where I am, you're the one thing I can't lose - by Reyson - February 11, 2023, 09:12 PM