Redtail Rise Rally
Pledged
Dragonspine
881 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
When Redd approached, Masquerade resisted the impulse to submit to their sister. Their ears fell back at the sound of her growl. The Ulfr said nothing but her body language expressed her rejection of Masque’s nomination. The Caru wasn’t entirely surprised, though their jaw set and their ears swept backward.

Augur strode imperiously onto the scene, others alongside him. Masquerade had truly hoped this solution would make everyone happy, yet clearly it had had the opposite effect. Redd refused them, Relic hadn’t shown (yet…) and the Ulfhedinn clearly didn’t appreciate the Caru’s attempt to mediate.

Masque stood very still as the Ulfhedinn took over the rally, making appointments in his silent way, officially stripping Relic of his title and giving it to Lilia. But Augur made it clear Relic could not be Wealda and Redd didn’t want it. So where did that leave the Redtails in Redtail Rise?

Mother would want a Redtail in leadership, they said quietly, talking almost as if to themself. If Redd refuses and you won’t have Relic, would you consider… Masque gazed to the pups, gathering courage. Would you accept a Caru in leadership?

The question was put to Augur but their marigold eyes sought the others’ gazes. They did not aspire to power. They wanted stability for what was left of Avicus’s family, particularly the young pups she’d left behind. Masque liked to think they could offer that, serving as an advisor and peacekeeper of sorts, but they had no idea if anyone else in the rise would find merit in them.

Part of the Caru hoped they wouldn’t, truthfully, as they weren’t certain they were up to the task. But Masquerade could not live with themself if they did not try to step up and do what they thought was best.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Rally - by Masquerade - June 24, 2023, 09:05 AM
RE: Rally - by Redd - June 24, 2023, 10:02 AM
RE: Rally - by Ameline - June 24, 2023, 10:32 AM
RE: Rally - by Ancelin - June 24, 2023, 01:25 PM
RE: Rally - by Mountain Boulder - June 24, 2023, 01:59 PM
RE: Rally - by Redsky - June 24, 2023, 03:44 PM
RE: Rally - by Masquerade - June 24, 2023, 04:09 PM
RE: Rally - by Relic - June 24, 2023, 04:44 PM
RE: Rally - by Redd - June 24, 2023, 10:08 PM
RE: Rally - by Ameline - June 25, 2023, 05:19 PM
RE: Rally - by Mountain Boulder - June 25, 2023, 05:51 PM