Wheeling Gull Isle in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He'd been asleep until something had shifted beneath him. Dreaming of something he now forgot in these waking midnight hours. Something far gentler than Juju's cries stirred him this time. A missing of sorts, a sad absence of warmth.

Dinah.

Simeon blinked away his groggy eye-smears of sleep and looked for her among the hordes of sleeping siblings, but he couldn't see her familiar Dee-like shape anywhere in the shadows of the den. Which meant he would have to look outside.

Easing himself out of his Judah sandwich with care, Simeon tiptoed around his sleeping denmates until he had a clear path to the entry. Only then, he bounded - quietly, of course! - into the fresh summer air, where crickets chirped and stars dotted the inky sky, and Dinah's dark shape sits tall on a rock and gazing up.

Ami's words stirred in him and he hobbled up to join her. Dinah spent a lot of time praying - and Simeon, well, he prayed, but sometimes got distracted - but he didn't think he might be a distraction when he placed his paws on her rock and looked up to his sister, still looking towards the sky.

Hey Dee, Simeon said with the curl of a smile, you prayin'?
Messages In This Thread
RE: in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven - by Simeon - June 28, 2023, 11:27 PM