Pledged
Dragonspine
891 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Private 
After patrolling with her sister, Masque resumed her work. There were a few caches that needed filling, though by the time she checked the last one, it was late. She was tired. She slunk beneath her favorite evergreen tree and tried to sleep, though nightmares continued to plague her.

Dawn broke and she emerged. Groggy at first, the cold winter air soon roused her. The Caru went looking for @Watcher first, alert to any scents that might waylay her and observing the general mien of the rise this morning. The stillness was somber somehow. Her rapidly beating heart sank a little as she thought of Avicus.

When a distraction presented itself, Masque leaped at it. She saw @Riley striding along the foot of the rise, his dark fur standing out against the dusting of snow. A dozen thoughts flitted through her head at the mere sight of him. Some of them should’ve surprised her, but not much did after these past few days.

Closing the distance, the Caru recalled their last encounter and hesitated before deliberately pressing her nose to his cheek. She exhaled, her warm breath tousling the fur there, then drew back to study his face with goldenrod eyes.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 02, 2024, 10:04 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 02, 2024, 10:12 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 02, 2024, 10:28 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 02, 2024, 10:59 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 02, 2024, 11:34 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 05, 2024, 01:08 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 05, 2024, 01:36 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 05, 2024, 02:21 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 05, 2024, 03:14 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 10, 2024, 10:48 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 10, 2024, 11:18 AM