Redtail Rise It’s Chemical
Pledged
Dragonspine
881 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Masquerade exhaled and nodded at his astute observation. She wondered if he was just sympathizing with her or if he was having a hard time himself. She didn’t think he’d been close to Avicus, though she knew nobody on the rise was immune to the repercussions of her death.

Suddenly, the Caru remembered how Riley had been the only one to look her way after her defeat. Mulherin had come to find her later and she loved her brother for that, but she’d still been an afterthought. Masque’s heart tripped in her chest.

You picked me, she marveled. The words didn’t feel quite right but the sentiment did. Then a more errant thought followed. What if I returned the favor?

But she’d told him she wasn’t meant for those things. Hell, she’d directed him toward her own mother, then her sister. As Masquerade reminded herself of this, she felt an increasingly familiar flare of jealousy in her belly. Redd wore the crown now. She could choose any man she wanted. But this one, Masque wanted for herself.

As that realization came over her, she found herself pining for him. But he was right here. She reached out to touch her nose to his neck, grounding herself in his presence. Her eyes closed. Masque wondered how Riley would feel, if she gave voice to these thoughts and feelings. She wondered if she should even say anything.

Another thought hit her. What if he’d taken her suggestion? What if he wanted to court Redd, especially now that she was queen? Her eyes snapped open and a possessive noise rumbled in her chest. Riley wasn’t anyone’s to claim but she wanted him to choose her.

Even if these feelings were brand new and confusing, she would need to make a move. Masque started by pivoting so she stood parallel with the swarthy Ulfr, then tentatively slid her head under his.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 02, 2024, 10:04 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 02, 2024, 10:12 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 02, 2024, 10:28 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 02, 2024, 10:59 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 02, 2024, 11:34 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 05, 2024, 01:08 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 05, 2024, 01:36 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 05, 2024, 02:21 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 05, 2024, 03:14 PM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Riley - January 10, 2024, 10:48 AM
RE: It’s Chemical - by Masquerade - January 10, 2024, 11:18 AM