Noctisardor Bypass gobsmacked, don’t hesitate to maybe overcompensate
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
619 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
She hadn’t thrown up in a few days now, which was the longest she’d gone since the early days of her pregnancy. Druid felt herself slowly rallying and decided to venture out of the den today. She didn’t aspire to go very far, just to the lagoon and back.

When she arrived at the water’s edge, she sat for a long time. Her eyes tracked several small fish that swam past, though Druid made no attempt to catch them. She wasn’t hungry because she’d eaten a decent breakfast which was still settled in her stomach. She let out a little sigh of relief.

She didn’t want to squander her energy. Making sure to walk slowly, Druid ventured around the curve of the lagoon and approached a corner of Rivenwood she hadn’t seen in weeks. She nosed around Silencepine and refreshed some of her stale scent markers. Her eyes strayed toward the stone arches but she didn’t dare risk a patrol.

Druid carefully folded herself against the base of a pine and caught a quick nap. When she woke a little while later, she answered an urgent call of nature. When she stood up out of her squat, she turned to pluck off some pine needles insistently clinging to her fur. There was even part of a pine cone! Druid laughed under her breath as she pulled it off and spat it on the ground.

She started when something pale landed at her feet. Before Druid could even bend to inspect it, her tongue instinctively found the gap in her teeth. It didn’t hurt much, though she could only blink at the canine sitting so starkly on the forest floor. A sense of foreboding came over her when her exploratory tongue found several other teeth wriggling at the slightest pressure.

Druid wasn’t prone to flights of panic. Yet one gripped her now and before she even realized what she was doing, she sent a distress call into the sky. She specifically begged for @Etienne by name, although she knew there was very little chance he was near enough to hear her cry for help.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
gobsmacked, don’t hesitate to maybe overcompensate - by Druid - March 05, 2024, 12:20 PM