Noctisardor Bypass the wild god reaches into a bag made of moles and nightingale-skin
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
619 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Private 
There was no more vomiting, thank goodness, but if Druid had thought she would bounce back after the birth, she quickly realized her mistake. Four nursing newborns put an enormous strain on her already rawboned body. @Glaukos kept up a steady stream of meat and, to her credit, Druid ate everything he dropped at the den’s doorstep. Yet her body still felt like a bag of bones, now drooping visibly in the middle.

It was overwhelming. It was probably too early to be away from them for any length of time, yet Druid left the puppies in @Heda’s care to step outside for a few minutes today. She paused just outside the doorway and touched her nose to her own shoulder, wrinkling it. She stunk. Looking down at her body, she didn’t recognize what she saw and felt like a stranger in her own sagging skin.

Druid began to walk. She needed a few moments to herself, to stretch these spindly legs. She breathed in the fresh air and listened to the peace and quiet of Rivenwood. Her heart pounded uneasily against her ribs. She felt hollower with every step, eyes glazing over as she stared forward into the distance.

This is for @Etienne, other tags are for reference!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)