Redhawk Caldera kiss on your boo-boo's
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Elwood offered to help his son, though the pup vehemently protested the Beta's assistance. "Leave it to the flower expert," Peregrine commented to the first-time father, winking his good eye. "You're really good at this," he added, speaking to the pup now. "Maybe you should look into becoming a florist by profession. Better yet, you should think about becoming a Naturalist. I'm sure Wifi would love to tutor you."

He took a seat, admiring the small heap of flowers forming beside him. If the Elwoods' intent had been to cheer him up today, they were doing a damn good job.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
"Okay, okay!" Elwood replied with a good-natured tone as the pup insisted that he refrain from helping with the flower picking. He moved back towards Peregrine and took a seat next to his friend, yellow eyes watching as Eljay busied himself with selecting only the "best" flora for Nunkie Pee. This, of course, included flowers with damaged petals and stems as well as healthier ones.

The idea of Eljay as a naturalist caused Elwood to tilt his head thoughtfully. He hadn't given much consideration to his son's future trades, but Peregrine had a point. He was interested in nature -- when he wasn't too busy being afraid of it -- and he would have a great tutor. Perhaps an interest in naturalism would even lead to some training as a healer, as well; he knew that Raven could help with that area of study. Those jobs would keep Eljay safe and close to home -- the longer Finley was gone, the less Elwood wanted him to pursue his mother's passion.
Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
haha at least elwood and miniwood both have separation anxiety now. :P

"Whassat?" asked Elwoof when Nunkie Pee suggested he become a Naturalist. Meanwhile, he continued to busy himself with finding only the very best flowers, not allowing daddy to mingle into the selection process.

Once the pile was to his liking, Elwoof nudged them slightly closer to Nunkie Pee and said: "Dis!" To signify that the pile was done and ready for his uncle to do... well, whatever he wanted to do with it, as Elwoof himself wasn't quite sure what that was.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Would one of you like to fade this, now that we have another? :D

"Wildfire could tell you a lot more about it," Peregrine replied, "but a Naturalist is a wolf who's particularly in tune with nature and all its gifts... like flowers." His lips twitched as he watched the boy continue eagerly collecting blossom after blossom.

When a nice-sized pile had accumulated, Elwood Jr announced his satisfaction with a cry of, "Dis!" He seemed so proud of himself, as he should be. He had put lots of hard work and dedication into collecting these blooms.

"You know what I think I wanna do? Scrap the eye patch. This looks like the most amazing pillow in the world. I bet if I sleep on it, I'll have only sweet dreams," the Alpha said, positioning himself to rest his cheek on the soft, dewy petals, although he resisted putting his full weight on them lest he crush and flatten the pup's handiwork. "So comfy. Thanks, bud."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Sure! :) I'll fade it here so Eljay doesn't have a chance to have another tantrum, hahaha. <3

Elwood took a backseat as Eljay and Peregrine interacted, listening and watching rather than actively participating. Once Eljay had collected a pile of flowers, Peregrine changed his mind about the eye patch, deciding instead that the petals and leaves looked like a nice pillow. The silver male chuckled, then decided to take advantage of the moment and try to shepherd Eljay home with no tears.

"Oh, Nunkie Pee is going to take a nap," he said quietly, pressing a paw to his lips and making a "shhhh" sound as he gazed at Eljay with wide eyes. "That means it's time for us to go home," he whispered, and -- to his amazement -- Eljay complied. The pup gave his uncle a loving pat with his tiny paw, then tiptoed away behind his dad, too caught up in the roleplay to return to his previous state of upset -- at least, not until they got home. Then, he more than likely burst into tears once more.