Stone Circle Who cares about my emotions
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
Backdated to October 6th. @Steady & @Valette

The day had finally come where he’d felt himself to be ready. The favour asked of him had went untouched up until this point, but for no longer would he spend his time thinking about it. It was time that he take action, and so the male had departed from the grove around noon with the intentions of fulfilling the task that he’d been given. Before he’d reached the foreign territory, however, the yearling had deterred for the purpose of hunting. It was after a rabbit that he’d trailed, for such was a gift that Sriracha had suggested he offer. And, after some tracking and sprinting, he’d continued his trek with a plump hare swinging from his jaws. He’d admitted to himself that it’d felt strange hunting for a bunch of wolves that he knew nothing about, but the feeling was easily shrugged off before he’d completed his journey.

As the scent of the pack grew heavy in the air, he’d slowed to a stop outside of their borders and placed the rabbit down between his paws. Xan could feel his stomach twisting itself into knots, undoubtedly nervous about what was to come. What if he messed up? Or said something that he wasn’t supposed to? The grove had become his home, and so he didn’t want to give the unknown pack a reason to chase himself and the others out of it. Alas, he knew that he’d arrived there for a reason, and so his worries were swallowed—albeit rather forcefully. It was immediately afterwards that he’d tilted his head back and howled for the leaders, the time spent waiting for them being used to make his mind relax.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was not as much on border patrol as Steady was. She was a hunter and a scout instead of a guardian but she did try and meet some of the howling wolves at their borders. This way she would she felt like she would really help Steady. This howl in particular sounded familiar to her, but she couldn't place it. Her dark colored body trotted towards the border with a certain air of curiosity. Her eyes fell onto the pale male standing there. Xan? It was Xan! Her brother!

Her ears perked forward, her tail was up high but wagging as she ran towards the border. She stopped before him looking so surprised. "Xan!,' she let out with surprise layered on her tone. She instantly noticed that he smelled less of the swamp he lived in, curious. He almost smelled like he hadn't been there in a while. He could just been scouting for a few weeks like she would sometimes do. She was for a moment confused how to carry herself. This was her brother but then again a stranger to the pack so he should be respectful to her... right? "What are you doing there? Where you visiting Bearclaw?," she asked, carefully. It was their birthplace after all.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
From side to side he’d shifted his weight around, waiting for the approach of the leaders. He’d looked down towards the rabbit every once in a while, wondering if he should have chosen something else, and then dismissing the thoughts as soon as he did. Sriracha had suggested that a rabbit be offered, and so a rabbit he had brought. If it wasn’t enough for them, then he wasn’t entirely sure what he would do. Look for a different gift? Shaking his head, he tried to focus on something else, only for his gaze to snap up at the sound of approaching footfalls before he’d been able to. The wolf that he saw coming towards him had taken him by surprise, her appearance being one that he could never forget: Desna.

Alexander didn’t know what he’d been expecting, but it definitely hadn’t been his sister. His shock was reflected through his expression as his eyes widened slightly, ears perking up whilst the rest of his body ran rigid. He’d recollected his bearings shortly after, thankfully, and was able to rid himself of the surprise that’d been felt initially. Behind the male swayed his tail once, then twice, before he’d found himself moving towards her. The reason for his visit was momentarily forgotten as the distance between them was closed and the albino shoved his face into the crook of her next, glad to see her. Her questions brought him back to the present, however, and so he’d pulled away and retreated several steps back to stand beside the rabbit, eyes having never left her.

“Desna, I—,” he cut himself off, took a breath, and then resumed. “I haven’t visited the valley yet. I haven’t been able to.” It wasn’t really a matter of whether or not he’d been able, but more so the fact that he hadn’t wanted to. Not yet, anyways. Though he’d been so young whilst living there, he knew that it was bound to bring back memories, and many of those said memories were ones that he didn’t want to relive. He’d been ready to ask why she was curious about that, before he’d stopped himself upon realizing that she didn’t know what had happened. The siblings hadn’t seen one another after Xan’s attack, and definitely not after his departure from the woods. “I don’t live in Blackfeather anymore,” he finally shared. “Something happened and I… I had to leave. I couldn’t—” Not another word was said, he’d simply shaken his head. Just as was the same with everyone else, he wouldn’t—couldn’t—tell Desna what had happened. Luckily, he wouldn’t have to, either, as the topic of conversation was quickly dragged back towards his reason for being there.

Xan leaned down and picked up the hare, moved towards his sister, and then put it down in front of her before stepping back again. “I’m living in a grove now with some others,” the boy began. “If you’re leading this place, then I think that means you met Sriracha? He’s the one that brought us all together.” He shuffled and swallowed, thinking his words over before speaking them. “He sent me here to give you guys a gift and an apology,” he continued. “He didn’t want to risk making things worse, which is why he didn’t come himself.” That covered everything, he believed. Silencing himself, he’d looked back towards Desna, wondering what she had to say about the whole situation. Truthfully, he didn’t know the details of what had happened when Sriracha had visited, he only knew that the meeting hadn’t gone as smoothly as had been desired.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was just as surprised as Xan so his expression didn't really get to the dark female either. She quirked up her lips into a smile when she realized that her brother was standing her. He brought her some interesting news too. He left that horrible pack? What wonderful news!!! She was really glad to hear that he had left the poisonous pack. He was better than them anyhow. Still she didn't say that to his face. She was already glad he told her. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," she spoke to him. Hopefully she would hear about it one day.

Valette instantly started to think what happened to their father. Was he still there? Did he do something too? What had taken place. The young female wished she could know, but she also realized that patience was probably the best way to get that knowledge. She did not want to rekindle with her father, so knowing that her brother was close by and away from his influence it made her quite happy. It meant it was easier for her to see her brother. Now this alliance with Tortuga pack was even of more importance, especially for Valette as a person.

She nodded as Xan explained. "That is very polite of him. He seemed to have some anger issues at the time, or at least, be very passionate about certain things,' she spoke. She bobbed her head once more. "Well if it is up to me I'd say apology accepted but I do not make the final call in this pack. I am only the beta," she explained to him, being modest about her rank. "It means we could see each other more often!"
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Thankfully, she hadn’t pressed him for details. The reason for why he’d left remained as only his to know, the words never to be spoken. Someday, perhaps he might work up the courage to relay the information to another, but for now he knew that it was better to keep it to himself. The less he spoke about it, then, he hoped, the more likely it’d be to fade from his memory. Keeping silent had, so far, not provided him with said results, but he was certain that it’d happen eventually. Just a little more time, and then everything would go back to normal. Until then, he’d just continue to keep silent about the not-so-distant past.

When she mentioned Sriracha being polite, the boy nodded in agreement. “He is,” he’d said, then listened to the rest of his words. Sriracha having anger issues? It didn’t sound like him at all, but, then again, he didn’t really know too much about the masked wolf. He’d yet to witness every emotion that the other was capable of showing, so he really had no way of telling is he was really quick to anger or not. So far, from his experience, that didn’t seem to be the case though—but he still didn’t dismiss the idea entirely.

As he was told of her status within the pack, he’d cocked his head to the side slightly. “Then who’s the leader?” he asked, curious for several reasons. First, what type of wolf was his little sister living under? Second, why hadn’t they come to greet him, too? Xan tried to not jump to conclusions or make silent accusations, but it was difficult. He knew not what to expect from the other, or if he’d even approve of him. Yet, until the leader made an appearance, he’d tried to look past all of that and focus on his sister. And so, when she’d pointed out how they could see one another more, the Inuk had nodded. “We could,” he agreed, and then remembered something. “Desna, you have to visit the woods soon. I know you don’t like it there, but…” Would she be upset by the news he had to share? Honestly, he didn’t know her well enough to be able to tell. “We have new siblings,” he continued. “Three brothers and a sister.” Of course, he left out the part about Qilaq. Partially because the girl had run off to some (hopefully) far, far away place, but mainly because he had never liked her.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had heard the call, and was making his way to the borders. But, being that he was on the other side of the territory, it took him a little longer than he would have liked to get to the caller. When he approached, he seen that Valette was already there, greeting the stranger. As her body language looked relaxed, so did Steady's, though he still held himself as an Alpha, with his head and tail high. But, it waved in friendliness, as it always did to start off these situations. Ever the optimist, he hoped each get together at the borders went well. 

He hadn't picked up on any of the conversation, and so after giving the other male a friendly smile, he turned to Valette. What's up? he asked, hoping she could give the low-down on the situation. His eyes briefly glanced to the rabbits that lay between the pair, before going back to his Beta. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette turned her ears forward. "Well that would be Steady," she explained to him. She really looked up to him and how he ruled his pack. She was very loyal to the man who helped her at the time to realize that being bitter and alone was not the way to live. Plus he saw her ambition and rewarded her for it which she really liked. It made her even more ambitious to become even better at her trades.

Her attention snapped back to her brother who had some other news for her. This was quite big news. Her face fell into a frown. She didn't really see their father as hers. She knew she should see him as her father... but it was though. Normally Xan and her would fight about this, she would be rejecting towards Kove and then Xan would be offended. She really didn't want to see them. She had zero interest in meeting them. Kove would had have them with someone else, of course, but that female was not her mother. She was probably not even close to how Scarlett was.

Luckily before she could answer Steady approached them. Her eyes traveled over his assertive stance, though still friendly. Her tail wagged and she ducked her head a bit. She was so used to doing that. "Well, as it turns out my very own brother joined Tortuga. Xan came to bring a gift from Sriracha to apologize for his behavior earlier at our borders. He didn't want to make things worse by coming himself," Valette explained to Steady.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
With the news having been shared, he’d watched as her expression fell into a frown. Truth be told, he was disappointed, having believed that things would change. Always was this the way in which things seemed to go between them, and never, he realized, would their routine change. She’d always dislike their father and act against him, rather than allow for the yearling to witness the moment at which his family was brought together again. He’d been a fool to think that new lives being put into the equation would make any differences, and so back had his ears fallen, waiting—waiting for her to say something, to disregard the lives of their siblings just as he had done at first. But, before she’d the chance to speak again, another wolf had arrived. The manner that he’d presented himself in made it clear that he was a leader there, and so Steady's friendly smile was greeted with an inquisitive once-over.

Immediately after had his gaze then found its way back to Desna, watching as her head was lowered. His brows furrowed for a moment, but the expression was wiped away rather quickly. Having been told that she, too, was a leader within their pack, he could not understand the reason behind her demeanor. To the yearling, it hadn’t made any sense, but he’d refused to question either of them about it. Later, perhaps he would pull his sister aside and ask her several inquiries, knowing that it was important for him to get to the bottom of things. If Steady had done something to make her do as he’d just seen, then he wanted to know about it—but that would all come later. For now, he kept quiet as the details surrounding his visit were explained for him, shifting his weight around every once in a while.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He looked to Valette as she explained the reasons behind the stranger's presence. He couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that Sriracha was worried he would screw things up by coming himself. In all honesty, Steady would have given him the benefit of the doubt if he had come, but sending someone with a gift was just as good. The point behind it was still there, and well-met by the Alpha. That was very kind of him, he said, turning his attention to Xan. If you would, let him know it's water under the bridge, and I hope that our packs will come to be friends in the future. While the initial meeting had been rocky, Steady didn't hold it against Sriracha, and it seemed Sriracha didn't hold it against them, either.

It was interesting that Valette's brother was so near, and he instantly wondered if Valette would leave to join her brother in the other pack. But, he kept his fears to himself. Valette had been a dedicated wolf here, and he had faith she would continue to do so. He would believe that unless she said otherwise. If you two want to catch up, I can take the rabbit to the pups. They might like to munch on it, he commented, though he waited to see if he was still needed before he left.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched the frown on her brother's face. Instantly she felt like she ruined the things they builded on. Maybe it was good for her to see her siblings. However Valette wasn't sure if Kove would even be welcoming towards her. It was all very troubled in her eyes. She would not be so welcoming, at least she thought so. She also remembered how much she dodged a bullet. Xan didn't know about her name change and for him she would always be Desna but Steady used Valette and if she had to explain that to Xan they might even have more things to talk about.

"Alright, yes, thank you Steady. I'd like that," she spoke to him. Her tail wagged softly. It was considerate of him to let them talk a bit more without being too nosy about it. Valette liked that about Steady. She smiled lightly at him before turning her attention to Xan. She looked at him with a more hesitant look. "Maybe I am willing to go see them with you. I don't want to go there alone. I think it wouldn't be wise to have father and me alone at their borders. I might offend him or something," she spoke with a light shrug. She was not really that keen on seeing them but if it would make Xan happy she would do it.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The conversation was directed his way, and so he’d looked towards the male and listened. He could agree with the first statement—it had been a kind thing to do, but that was the sort of wolf that Sriracha was. He was nearly the exact opposite of the albino, which was, perhaps, how they managed to get along. There were also plenty of other potential reasons, but the topic wasn’t ever thought too far into by Xan. As far as he was concerned, the Spaniard was a good companion to have, and that was all that really mattered to him in the end.

Nodding, he said, “Yeah, I can tell him that.” It was good news, for a number of reasons. They wouldn’t be at risk of going to war with their neighbours—which would have sucked, given that Xan had grown to like the grove—but would instead work towards forming a friendship with them. Knowing that he would be walking away from the meeting with that sort of message to deliver, he was able to declare his mission a success. Worried had he been over the possibility of messing everything up and making matters worse prior to visiting, but he felt said emotion no longer. Despite that, he’d still been pretty relieved when the Alpha made a move to dismiss himself. Steady had been friendly enough, but Alexander was more interested in talking to his sister than he was to some man that he knew nothing about.

A comment was made about possibly taking a trip to see their siblings, which had caught his attention. Her reason for not wanting to go alone hadn’t done anything to alter the frown on his face, but he wouldn’t deny her request for him to tag along. “I’ll go with you,” he told her, not wanting to risk having Cicero catch her at the borders alone. “Dad wouldn’t do anything to you, though. If you went alone, I mean. He’s not a bad guy, Desna.” Desna. Xan had forgotten all about how Sriracha had said the pack was lead by a Steady and Valette, which prevented them from being forced to have yet another serious conversation.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Assuming Steady left! Let me know otherwise I will delete mine! <3

Valette looked at her brother and slowly nodded. If she was really honest with herself she couldn't care less for the new children her father had. Perhaps she was a bit jealous of him as well. The dark female didn't have her father growing up and she blamed him, badly so. Still this would not be wise to tell Xan seeing they would go into a defending match about their parents.

"I'm not saying he is. I am just known to speak my mind and if I might offend his pack then I am worried I won't be back here," she spoke, judging the others of the pack really. She didn't expect anything good from them. A bit hypocritical but no one is perfect not even Valette. "I will let you know, perhaps come and visit you about it if I am not too busy," she spoke to him. "It is great that we can see each other with much more ease now."
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The statement made was explained, but still had his frown remained. He was not upset with her—for once—but could not fully understand where she was coming from. Plenty of wolves within Blackfeather spoke their mind, but never could he recall any of them truly being punished for it. Argued against or told to stop talking, perhaps, but he had no recollection of any said moments escalating into legitimate fights. For that reason, he’d shaken his head, but chose not to say anything more regarding the topic. He’d discovered long ago that her mind could rarely, if ever, be changed, and he wasn’t in the mood to argue with her. Honestly, he was tired, but not for any one reason. So much had happened, so many events had been stacked up within his mind—everything was finally starting to weigh him down.

“I’m sure you’ll like them,” he’d commented, unable to stop himself. That was, truly, his final thing to say about their potential trip. Then, without missing a beat, he’d slid right into the next topic. Xan responded with simple words, saying, “Yeah, it is,” and then stopped there to let it all sink in. They were neighbours now. They weren’t living within the same territory, nor were they members of the same pack, but they were close enough to reach one another with hardly any issues. It was strange to him, having never thought he’d be close enough to be at risk of just running into his sister whilst out for a walk. “This is going to take some getting used to…” muttered the boy, more so to himself than her. Would he ever get used to it? It was too soon to tell, at least for him.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded slowly, not really sure she believed it yet. The young female just smiled though, after all she would hide things behind a smile quicker than behind a frown like Xan was doing. She wasn't really hearing what he was saying to himself feeling it was more like a murmur instead of directed towards her. An awkward feeling came over her but Valette was quick to clear her throat. "It will be," she agreed quietly and nodded.

"Well until another time then," she wished to him, not sure if it was rude or not, but she didn't know what else to say to him right now.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As her throat was cleared, the sound had brought his attention back to her. He looked at the girl for a moment, thinking, but couldn’t come up with anything more to say. He had been sent to offer a gift, which is exactly what he had done. The boy hadn’t expected to run into his sister whilst doing a favour for the Spaniard, but he had and that was that. There was nothing more to be said between them, at least not now. Perhaps they’d be able to talk more in the future but, until then, he knew that it was time for him to return home.

Xan nodded as it was hinted at that he should leave. It was unusual, for he’d not gotten worked up over her words. He’d merely accepted them and said, “Yeah, until next time.” There would be a next time, right? Half of him believed that they would cross paths again, but the other half insisted that she’d leave. It was with a shake of his head that he’d turned away and took a few steps in the direction of the grove, only to stop and look back at her. “Bye, Desna,” the Inuk told her. Right after that, he’d turned back around and then he was gone.