Stone Circle strayed above the highway aisle
70 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The witch had not forgotten her promise, though been delayed by the fact that her starved frame meant that hunting came with more difficulty now. It had taken but a week of fortunate hunting for her strength to recover, and a few days to recover the three hares she hoped would be sufficient payment for the girl. Setting down the small pile carefully at her paws, she stretched back her muzzle and let out a call for the healer girl, glancing at the carcasses once with longing before turning her gaze away to stare into the wood, dark eyes tracing the outline of the distant stones as she waited.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
I'm assuming that by now everyone would know about Keoni's death. @Valette if that's incorrect please let me know!

The news had been shocking to Cebra despite the fact that she hadn't nescessarily been the closest to Keoni. She had tried to train the girl in defense and had been trained in herbs a bit in return as well as had her wounds tended to by Keoni and she had really liked her. But she hadn't been around to help prevent the death of the young healer and now there was a heavy loss on the whole pack, especially their alpha and her family. 

Illecebra was out running off the tangle of emotions when the call for Keoni went up and before she could really think about whether or not it was her place to do so, she ran toward it. She spotted the female standing by the borders with the sma pile of prey and slowed her pace, coming to stand before the other woman with a somber expression. "Hello...may I ask what you need?" She asked to prolong the conversation while she tried to decide whether to deliver the news herself or just call for Valette.
70 Posts
Ooc —
A woman arrived after a few moments, though this one was most definitely not the healer girl. Still, she nudged the small pile towards the woman, rising gracefully to her feet as she surveyed her a moment before speaking. "I have come to offer repayment. your healer - a pale girl, she gave me herbs that helped save the lives of travelers."  She offered an explanation should the girl have kept the exchange to herself, gaze flickering behind the woman as she waited for the healer to appear; for surely she would not be far from the territory in the midst of winter.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra's gaze softened and she dragged the prey back over the borders with a slow nod.  She noticed the way she kept looking behind her and flattened her ears back "Keoni....the healer..she's dead. She died yesterday" she said in a soft voice, looking at the dirt. She swallowed thickly and looked back up at the woman. She would let Valette know that Keoni had done magnificent things before leaving them. "Do...you wish to speak to her mother?" She asked gently.
70 Posts
Ooc —
The woman's gaze narrowed, at once troubled. "dead?" she echoed, the word heavy on her tongue. "how?" She did not mean to probe, but the soft word left her tongue anyways, gaze no longer roaming behind the woman, no longer searching for a form that would not come. The woman ventured to ask if the witch wished to speak to her mother, to which the woman gave a soft shake of her head. She'd met the girl but once, hardly enough to speak to a grieving parent, nor with any purpose to.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra nodded gravely and looked up to the woman as she asked how. She wasn't sure how much  information Valette would appreciate being given out to what was considered a stranger. "Some sort of herbs we think but her body was eaten by something else so...I'm unsure"  She responded hesitantly. She looked down at the rabbits and then back at the woman "Thank you for paying your debts...I'm sure Keoni would have appreciated it" she said softly though she again wasn't entirely sure if that was true. She hadn't known the girl well enough to make those assumptions.
70 Posts
Ooc —
Again did her words echo the woman's, though this time she felt keenly that she probed where she ought not to be. "herbs?" It was muttered more to herself than the woman, though her next offer was made carefully, after a moment of thought. Dark gaze looked at the woman, appraising a moment before making her soft offer. "I could tell you how she died, if you would like to know." Perhaps it would be of interest for a pack to know that cause of death of one of their members, but nor did she think that they would allow a stranger into their territory to inspect the body of one of their dead. The fact that their healer would die of herbs troubled the woman, and surely that fact; and it's implications, would too trouble the pack. She nodded her head a fraction at the woman's thanks, which she felt were done largely out of courtesy. She shifted in the slightest, prepared for a negative answer and to leave the territory behind with a great deal of unanswered questions that ought to bother her for a time.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her statement was echoed by the other woman and Cebra gave a solemn nod, her eyes clouding with sadness. How Keoni could have been poisoned by her own herbs was unknown to her as she hadn't known that the girl had experimented with herbs by eating them. 

When the other offered to diagnose the cause of death, her one ear perked with interest and she almost invited her in. Then common sense took over and she dipped her head "That wouldn't be my decision, I'll call for my Alpha. She's also Keoni's mother." Illecebra said in an almost apologetic tone. It wasnt that she didn't trust the woman it was just that....she didn't really trust strangers in general. That being said she lifted her head and called for @Valette hoping the woman would answer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was just about to head home when she heard a howl for her coming from the borders. It was Cebra. Valette made a U-turn and trotted towards the border. The female didn't know what she could expect. Perhaps a new recruit? Though, then she would have heard the joining howl, right? Valette was curious and made some haste to get to the borders.

When she got there she saw Cebra and a stranger. Valette stopped next to Cebra and glanced at the other curiously. "You called me, Cebra. What is it?," she asked while curiously letting her eyes scan over the stranger.