Heron Lake Plateau So there's this puzzle I work on endlessly
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Somehow he'd become Niamh's window in to the adult universe of sex, which wasn't a good feeling (and probably wouldn't amount to any healthy understanding for either of them), and Screech was growing a little more flustered as the conversation wore on. He wanted to abort — just, control-alt-delete this entire moment of his life. It wasn't as awkward as the event in question though, and kept Niamh focused on things aside from Raven, and kept him from freaking out about potentially being a father in the back of his own mind, so... Sure, lets just continue this teenage interrogation, why not.

I dunno! Came his first answer, his gut instinct telling him to shut down the conversation; and he was feeling more like his old self, pre-panic, so his response was sharp and to the point: I don't think so. It — uh, felt nice, he wanted to say, but found himself too embarrassed to complete the thought let alone turn it in to words. I thought it went OK.

His ears fell back against his head as he spoke though, and then Screech corrected himself: She said it wasn't good and we kinda, um, had a falling out after that. Haven't seen her around since— which had some odd parallels to the fabrication he'd fed to Niamh only moments ago, he realized abruptly. The boy cleared his throat though, hoping she didn't notice, and blurted awkwardly, It makes you all warm and fuzzy and like, connected, and just, good, and, I mean, I guess it wasn't very good for real because we split after — and tired, I remember being really tired too, like I'd had all this pent up energy one minute and could sleep for a month the next minute.

Was that enough? He looked frazzled, his fur spiked wildly from being thrust in to the dirt earlier, and the embarrassment causing his ears to slick back and then radar about nervously; Screech didn't really know what to say but hoped she'd stop with the questions soon. Then again, he could divert her attention with a swift question of his own: Are you waiting? For like, someone special, or something?
Messages In This Thread
RE: So there's this puzzle I work on endlessly - by Titmouse (Ghost) - May 27, 2018, 11:20 PM