Shadewood Tight rope
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox listened calmly, keeping a neutral expression. She offered up more than he had expected considering her initial greeting, which pleased him greatly. He had a feeling this information would be useful to the Redhawks. The fact that they were not blood related was a disadvantage in his opinion, but he made no move to express this. The Redhawks were proud of their name and lineage, himself included, and a ragtag band of strangers was much less likely to stick together when the going got rough. Time would tell if this was the case, but he had just witnessed an uprising by an outsider get taken down with wolves bound by blood (if not physically, at least in a way that she was no longer welcome among their ranks).

To her not-so-subtle suggestion of an “agreement” involving hunting grounds, he could not speak to, though he thought it unlikely that the Redhawks would agree to such a thing. They were not a pack known to make alliances or agreements. Such things had brought a sour taste to their mouth in the past, and the packs around them had only caused trouble and stress. It was, in fact, the reason they had moved from their former roost upon the caldera. He wondered if they would be inclined to move again... though he was fairly certain the answer was no. They had been forced out before, and he could not imagine them relocating again.

Alas, these were all conjectures kept to himself. It would not be his choice to make. The Redhawk leaders would likely convene and decide amongst themselves what the best course of action would be.

He regarded Apple as she spoke, sitting on her inquiry about whether or not they used this place to hunt. This was not information he planned to offer up, nor had he been instructed to do so. They could make whatever assumptions they wished. The Redhawk and Blackthorn clan was unlikely to passively accept somebody taking up residence here, but that was not his decision to make. Nay, he was merely the messenger boy, fulfilling his duty to his pack and family. It was how he hoped to get back in Towhee’s good graces, provided that was ever on the table to begin with. Even if she did not forgive him, he planned to make his place among the Redhawks a respectable one.

You have both been rather helpful, he replied, bowing his head slightly to show his respects, now that they had earned it. I cannot speak to our numbers or our most frequented hunting grounds, for I have only recently returned. Ignorance is bliss, isn’t that what they say? I do appreciate the cooperation, and I will be on my way now. Phox did not wish to linger any longer, lest he make them feel uncomfortable or they begin to think him pushy. He had gotten enough for now, and he was sure that Niamh would be pleased with his efforts.

The yearling paused momentarily, allowing them a breath in case they had any final words to say prior to his departure.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Messages In This Thread
Tight rope - by Phox - November 10, 2018, 11:59 AM
RE: Tight rope - by Apple - November 10, 2018, 04:48 PM
RE: Tight rope - by Phox - November 11, 2018, 01:09 PM
RE: Tight rope - by Sacnite - November 11, 2018, 02:13 PM
RE: Tight rope - by Apple - November 11, 2018, 02:48 PM
RE: Tight rope - by Phox - November 11, 2018, 02:55 PM
RE: Tight rope - by Sacnite - November 11, 2018, 03:09 PM
RE: Tight rope - by Apple - November 11, 2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Tight rope - by Phox - November 11, 2018, 03:47 PM