Dragoncrest Cliffs turning my heart on and off
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The sound of his mirth did something to her heart, and his words were making her feel.... A way that made her come up short, a bit breathless, as he rushed to greet her escape like a great shadow. For a moment, she wavered back and forth, pretty head cocked inquisitively, demurely at him while her scent said another. The glint of intent in his alluring gaze—whatever it may have been for—clasped at her throat, her heart, her belly. Lower. 

She heard the Trigedasleng as he neared, hoarse and terse, and willed herself to not wilt then and there; the only thing that kept her from doing so was to blurt, ”What does ‘boknolau’ mean?” Stumbling over it entirely, absolutely annihilating the word compared to his effortless purr of it. She’d already heard what it meant from Tux, but she wanted to hear it from Verx’s own mouth—ached for his voice.

Fute. Fute.

But then his heart-stopping smile diminished, and his next words were serious, solemn, and her own became an ivory mirror of it, frenzy out of mind—at the moment. The guardian spoke of all things horrid beyond Drageda’s borders, despite her fellow rauna’s brawn. Aure peered back up into his enigmatic gaze before looking to the shores, and then back again. ”I would care for him as if he had been born of my blood, meu cheka.” She sidled closer, the graceful curve of her jaw clenching as she did, ”To be thought of brave flatters me. Yet... I cannot protect him from ze terrors of ze world.”

Her eyes flickered down, suddenly far-away and into a different memory. ”But I will do everything in my power to lessen what harm does happen—if anything should. Small I may be, but he will have ze protection of my body.” Finally, she looked up into his face again, but did not raise her head; yet her eyes shone with a lunar flare so searing and star-bright that it burned cold.
Messages In This Thread
turning my heart on and off - by Andraste - December 23, 2018, 11:16 PM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Vercingetorix - December 23, 2018, 11:22 PM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Andraste - December 23, 2018, 11:41 PM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Vercingetorix - December 23, 2018, 11:46 PM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Andraste - December 23, 2018, 11:59 PM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Vercingetorix - December 24, 2018, 12:04 AM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Andraste - December 24, 2018, 12:27 AM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Vercingetorix - December 24, 2018, 11:40 AM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Andraste - December 24, 2018, 12:05 PM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Vercingetorix - December 25, 2018, 01:05 AM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Andraste - December 25, 2018, 01:40 AM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Vercingetorix - December 25, 2018, 01:49 AM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Andraste - December 25, 2018, 02:27 AM
RE: turning my heart on and off - by Vercingetorix - December 27, 2018, 01:04 AM