Dragoncrest Cliffs We can hear when we are hollow
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Before she progressed to his inquiries, she canted her head as she watched him, all easement and considering. It was hard to adapt yourself to something you adored, but had no way of furthering your knowledge when those knowledgeable weren’t present. Rather than entirely console him — she was sure he’d had enough of that, from the tone — she instead replied, ”I understand. There are times when I am not too fond of storms, myself. If this weather-watching has felt muted, there can be no shame in departing from it for a skill more suitable.” Her lips pursed for a moment, then, ”Even if there is nothing to be found, as long as you try, that is enough.”

“I have dedicated most of my life to ze constellations; until I arrived here, I thought it would be all I would ever do. But, I have found myself practicing remedies, or advocating for ze cliffs whenever I take to excursioning.” Rising back up with a stretch of delicate shoulders, her scarred face was quiet, but not unkind. ”I do not enjoy the time spent with them as much as I do when I spend time with ze heavens. It is only... out of necessity, I suppose, if I am available at present.”

Another roll of shoulders, this time a little flustered, along with a meek laugh that followed. ”I-I do not mean to ramble. However... my brother does not live within Drageda, as much as I wish he would. And, ah—“ another soft laugh, finding Ephraim’s stumble endearing, ”No, no, but I suppose my Twelve- my mountains could be considered such. Far, farther north — past ze Bracken Woods, farther and further still.”

She looked back to the younger then, the curl of her lips becoming sheepish. Why was she letting her tongue run away with her this evening? It was ungracious. ”I would have been delighted to have come across your friend, though, I am sure.”
Messages In This Thread
We can hear when we are hollow - by Ephraim - January 22, 2019, 12:42 AM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Andraste - February 09, 2019, 10:07 AM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Ephraim - February 17, 2019, 12:51 PM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Andraste - February 17, 2019, 11:08 PM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Ephraim - February 18, 2019, 10:18 PM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Andraste - February 18, 2019, 11:18 PM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Ephraim - March 01, 2019, 10:55 PM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Andraste - March 06, 2019, 03:16 PM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Ephraim - March 09, 2019, 07:59 PM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Andraste - March 11, 2019, 12:22 AM
RE: We can hear when we are hollow - by Ephraim - March 20, 2019, 02:04 PM