Dragoncrest Cliffs that's how i get mine, that's how i get it
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
aur’s last post for this thread!
also writing vonn into this for the sake of flow

Any other time, Aure would have seen the reason to which the opkepa defied her commands. She would have understood Rose in her entirety; there was a part of her that wasn’t shivering with furious, fraying tears that did. Tremors of wrath and devastation worked the crude waxen muscles of Aurëwen’s back, which she kept resolutely turned to the russet deviant. Bit her lips to the point of scarring once more; but she did not acknowledge Rose’s departure, nor forgive her apology.

It would be the second and last time in her life in which Aure would ever be so unforgiving.

Intoarce-te la mine. Then there was Blodreina, who’d protested such earlier. Keeping her void eyes on her beloved, she rasped, Gona,” she lowed, venting her fear and irritation onto the next oppressor, ”Every second argued with me is a second lost to your cheka. Do you want him to live, or bleed out here like some damned—“ Her mouth pressed tight into a hard, quivering line, and her coiled shoulders rose and fell; muscles so taut and strained that they would ache for days after. Muscles that didn’t relax, even when Vonnaruil arrived — toting what he’d known she’d needed before she’d escaped him.

Intoarce-te la mine. A wisping, deep inhale rattled her whole being, and she met the star-dusted gaze of her brother in exhausted relief — a gaze that alit on Dacio’s own arrival, which she almost wilted at then and there. But she was leading the charge of this, and she couldn’t waver. So, Aure instead faded from herself, letting her silver roots overwhelm her every call and command.

After assuring that there would be no further overflow of red, she instructed @Dacio to realign the skin of Verx’s throat. Flitting about the smoke-colored paws, Aure’s first passage along the cheka’s neck was to snip any loose bits of fur and skin that would only hinder later healing. On her tongue she tasted marigold, she thinks — but it was just another poultice that she was laving up the column of Verx’s neck. Once, twice, thrice, thrice-and-half she layered again and again; wounding cobwebs with the help of Dacio.

It would have to hold for now; she prayed it would, until a more exacting, breathable remedy could be made. Lips smeared with bits of bloodied herbs, Aure withdrew, and turned to Blodreina and Vonn — assuming the both of them had stayed. Intoarce-te la mine. ”We must get him to my apothecary,” she panted, curving down once more to make sure everything was nudged securely. ”Can ze two of you carry him?”

To Dacio, she said, ”I will need you with me until evening — just until all ze bleeding stops and we can get him properly cleaned.” With that, she scoured over the cheka one last, quivering time before drawing away so that Verx may be hoisted up. Face set with overwrought resolution, she turned on her heel and stalked, all stilted and stiff, for her apothecary.

Rose believed that Verx wasn’t meant to live — but Aure knew that he was, and those who aided her in the days to come knew this, too. And so he would.

Come back to me.
Messages In This Thread
RE: that's how i get mine, that's how i get it - by Andraste - March 22, 2019, 02:25 PM