Moonspear wherever i may roam
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The boy anticipated more fanfare; perhaps a howl to share the news with others of the mountain, but the affection and praise of his father made his pride swell and ego too, regardless. Revui now understood that words could have some power - that had been part of the exercise after all - and even he noticed the shift in Charon's emphasis as he spoke. Revui was claiming his rightful title; it sounded more like his father was trying to praise him rather than exalt him. It didn't sound entirely right.

Then the patriarch moved on to talk of politics. Tensions that every wolf of Moonspear had felt. The questions made little sense to Revui as he had limited understanding of the season or the impropriety of Hydra's behavior; but to hear his father reference hysteria after, Revui couldn't tell if he was paying his own daughter an insult that the boy couldn't quite grasp.

Something had changed on the mountain, as well as within Revui, and it took until this moment for him to awaken to it. His father's praise settled uneasily within him; it felt good to get what he wanted, but was tempered by the way his father spoke of the mountain and his family, as if they were all possessions that were under his full control - and however briefly, Revui gleaned some of what Yami had felt deep down inside, the day the boy had moved against her.

Revui did not know what to say. To speak ill of Hydra felt disingenuous but at the same time, he felt like he was being made to choose between his father's constant, beloved, heavy-handed and controlling nature versus the free will and growing power of his idol sister. So he ruminated a moment, then fell in to his usual habit of speaking little: Didn't notice.
Messages In This Thread
wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 17, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 17, 2019, 04:44 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 18, 2019, 04:53 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 07:35 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 21, 2019, 09:43 AM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 04:18 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 21, 2019, 05:59 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Revui (Ghost) - May 22, 2019, 12:37 PM
RE: wherever i may roam - by Charon - May 22, 2019, 05:39 PM