Stone Circle blackberry stone
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Set June 2nd (ish).

Ibis didn't waste any time in departing the Hollow after dealing with her step-mother, although having the open air and rolling hills as company helped to sooth whatever irritation burned within her after-the-fact. She did take her time in reaching her destination, spending a day outside of the territory and sleeping out beneath the stars in solitude; then, when she neared the fringe of the neighbouring territory, Ibis cast her snout towards the summertime clouds and called for @Ira.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Sorry for the wait been catchin up on hw before finals
She had been waiting for the call, and while it came much sooner than expected, Ira was ready to head to the borders and meet the small wolf from their neighboring pack. Admittedly she had not checked in with Valette yet. Between pup sitting and her duty to the pack there had been little to no window of opportunity in the short time that had passed. She would arrive quickly giving a nod to the yearling. You called?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis didn't have to wait long. She was pleased to see the shape of Ira take shape — as imposing and intimidating as she had seemed when they'd first met, the girl had since tempered her view after coming to know her own step-mother (who was infinitely more intimidating); now she found Ira to be attractively athletic and clearly strong, but not as frightening. Ibis was somewhat envious of the other female's confidence, as she was with everyone that had skills she lacked. Oh well. Moving on.

Hello again! She called out to Ira, her tail wagging behind her. I know I was only visiting the other day, but I brought the topic of the puppy-party up to my step-mom, she half-rambled, brimming with good cheer and charm despite the negative news she was about to share: And um, she says her kids are big and bitey, and if your pack's kids are still small, it might not be appropriate -- for a while, anyway. If you guys sent a messenger in a few weeks to ask again, that'd probably be better timed.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
So she had already talked to her pack's leaders or...leader. Step-mother? She wasn't aware that she was related to the alphas of Lost Creek. That could be a conversation for later though. Ibis was quick to tell her news even if there was a lot of rambling mixed in. Honestly, she was impressed with how fast she had gotten back to her, even if it was not the new they were both likely expecting originally. It made sense though, Valette's litter were only a couple months old. She wasn't expecting the party to be any time soon if anything at the end of the summer.

I see. That was a fast response, but I understand. It is likely for the best then that we wait as our pups are still fairly young. They're just starting to come out of the den actually. She smiled at the thought. It was exciting to see their advancements, especially when she was related to the new balls of life. How old are the pups in your pack? Perhaps we can aim for a time near the end of summer?
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She was happy to be of service, and as she watched the information register to Ira, Ibis was filled with pride in herself; a glow settled across her, something she'd never really gotten to express or really feel, considering she had always been too young for any jobs in Elysium. It felt good to be treated like an adult for a change.

The question briefly stumped her. Ibis had been present in the Hollow prior to the birth of the kids, she remembered Treason being quite portly — but she didn't think about how old the kids were until the question caught in her ears. It took some thought. I think... I think they were born in the spring, just before the season changed. That wasn't very specific; she tried to count back the days and got a bit lost in her own head for a few minutes. I think that's right - the very end of springtime, I think. So they're a couple of months old now, but.. I haven't seen them outside the den much. She hadn't seen them much at all, which was partly her own fault for being so afraid of their mother.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She watched as Ibis struggled to remember the age of the pups in Lost Creek. It was strange to her, but then again, if she wasn't related to the newborn pups, perhaps she had not spent as much time around them as she had with her new siblings. Then again, it was likely that the pups belonged to the Hollow's alpha so they were somehow related to Ibis, right? I see, and they're that rowdy already? It sounds like they are only a bit older, but ours are still getting their bearings. I think aiming for the end of summer is still doable, if that is what you would like to do?

The mountain wolf still had to speak with her Matriarch to ensure Easthollow would be participating, but with their packs alliance, she was sure Valette would hold interest in the party proposal. Worst case she would want to wait longer for the pups to be socially ready with another pack.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ah, this was where it got tricky. Treason had suggested a later date as well - and Ibis was happy to oblige both parties as she was merely the messenger at this point, but, for how much longer was the question. Okeanos was visiting at home and when he was finished with his business among the Hollow wolves they would be leaving together; it was an aspect of the discussion Ibis had failed to think about until now. As much as she'd want to invest her time and energy in this party, she wouldn't be around at the end of summer (most likely) and would miss out, unless she could convince Okeanos to double-back in time for it.

Her uncertainty played across her features with ease, as she was never very good at hiding her emotions from others. Ibis swallowed her worries and replied, That sounds good. I can let the leadership of my pack know that summer's end would work best and we can play it by ear as the time approaches. I... I should also mention, there was the indecision again, the nervousness, as she diverts her gaze and tries to drum up some confidence so as to get her next message across without Ira losing faith in her - or rather, to stop Ira from thinking the Hollow was weak or full of silly, useless wolves like Ibis. If you have any questions or -- or concerns, leading up to the event, please come by the Hollow and ask to speak to Treason or Terance. I won't be the pack's messenger for much longer. I'm um, going on a trip abroad soon.

It felt strange to arrange all of this but to back herself out at the last second; she felt immensely guilty for how it might look, and more than a little sad that Ira would probably react the same way Treason - and almost everyone else - did when having a conversation with Ibis: with judgement and scrutiny and an overwhelming distaste for her. That was entirely rooted in her growing self-doubt.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan woman raised an eyebrow as she took in the uncertainty sprawled across the smaller girl's face. Was there something wrong or perhaps the end of summer was a bad time? However, her questions were quickly silenced as Ibis confirmed that they could shoot for the party at a later date. It seemed Ira would not have to press for the concerns luckily as Ibis continued to explain that she planned on leaving the territory for a while.

Ira nodded storing the information in the back of her mind, she would have to work out the details with Valette and Greyback first anyways. I see, no worries. The travel distance is short enough that it is no bother. Do you have certain plans in mind for your travels or are you just exploring the surroundings? Truth be told, there was a possibility the mountain wolf would also be gone for another life, but that was a concern for a later date.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She took the news... Surprisingly well. There was no obvious backlash; if Ira thought less of her for giving up her position it didn't change the vibe of the conversation nor did it show upon her face, which either meant the older woman was practiced in concealment or she genuinely didn't think it was an issue. If only Ibis' step-mother was like her. Why couldn't her father have fallen for someone like Ira? Ibis refocused, trying not to get distracted by her own internal monologue for too long.

Ira asked about her plan and Ibis was not sure how to answer. The plan as far as she knew, was entirely up to Okeanos. My brother came to visit a few days ago, and he convinced me to travel with him. We're going to try and find one of our old friends, although it felt strange to include friend in a sentence when referring to Mali, who Ibis always remembered being rather rude and unhappy growing up, and hopefully reunite with them for a bit. I'm also excited to explore and to see more of the world; I love the valley but there's got to be more out there, you know?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan woman could understand the yearling's excitement to leave. She too had taken a large journey away from home when she was around 2. There was nothing wrong with wandering too, after all she did it for a year or so before she found Easthollow. I see, sounds like fun. I hope you take care on your travels. You'd be correct, the world is much bigger than this valley but there are also dangers.

For a moment she thought to Kaistleoki. Ira promised to see the land herself before she agreed to pledge her allegiance (and with good reason). If she remembered the instructions correctly, they were setting up to the west by the river. She had trust that it would be a safe place to travel by or even stop if the youngling needed it.

If you travel over the mountains west of here, maybe you should see a pack a friend of mine is starting. I'm sure they would let you rest if you need the break in your travels. Evergreen mentioned the pack being a place of new beginnings, and knowing the friendly bear he would likely guard the borders as Easthollow did. Question before violence. Just let their leader Evergreen know that you are friends of Easthollow. The pack goes by the name kaistleoki and hails by the river
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It was surprising to hear of another pack; Ibis wondered at the complexities of building something from scratch, and thought about what that might entail. How did packs start? Who decided where to settle, and what made a location suitable? She wouldn't contemplate too hard on it - but she did focus on the details that Ira offered. A pack forming to the west, possibly in the mountains or at least around the mountains.

She'd add it to the list of things to see, people to meet, although she had no idea what Okeanos' plan was at this point; wherever her brother went, Ibis was sure to follow. I'll let my brother know - if we go that way. I'm not so sure what the plan is but I do hope to one day see it, and I'll be sure to mention Easthollow and you. Thank-you for telling me! Her tail fanned behind her briefly, and she committed the name Kaistleoki to memory - as best she could, anyway. She smiles to Ira but feels the conversation drifting between them, and figures now that her message has been conveyed it is a proper time to say her farewell.

It was nice to meet you, Ira. I wish I could stay and get to know you and your pack better. Perhaps in the future, if I run in to you again, we can catch up? Go on a fox hunt together, or trade stories - for who really knows when Ibis will be returning this way? It is a sobering thought for the girl.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The warrior would give a simple nod as Ibis thanked her. Who knew if she would end up over there, but it didn't hurt to give out the information. Maybe it really would help the girl one day. It was no bother, I can say the same to you. Do not hesitate to call if you're ever in the area. Ira waited for a split moment to see if the girl had anything else to add, if she didn't she would say her farewells and turn to head back to the heart of Easthollow.