Phoenix Maplewood Maybe I bit off more than I could chew
78 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
@Zephyr & @Kavik
Forward dated to July 22nd.

They run, slipping away when @Kazimir (tagging for reference) was not paying attention. Sure, it solved the food issue for the hungry duo, but neither were fond of the adult lording over them. Fortunately it seems they have lost her, and Helios prays that she won't come knocking on their doorstep anytime soon.

Together they wander until the raven boy spots a tree that looks comfortable enough to take shelter under. He circles in place, trying to calm his still racing heart. And once he goes, he gestures for Zephyr to flop down in front of him. He tucks his paws underneath his chest. His chin resting over top of his silver sibling. A deep exhale escapes his nose. It is only moments like this when Helios feels a hint of safety.

« I like this place, » he whispers, as if talking too loud would disturb the peace surrounding them. It is not Swiftcurrent, and never will be, but for once in these last few weeks he feels okay.
Common language is spoken in quotation marks, while French is in « guillemets »x
Despite his irrational dislike of the woman who'd been caring for them, Zephyr doesn't really want to be alone again. He's not really alone with Helios around, of course — but being without the care of a trusted adult has left the sprite feeling oddly hollow. Some days, even dragging himself to his feet seems an impossible task without his parents.
Being close to his brother helps, though. I want to go home, His voice is soft, spilling past his lips only a few beats after his brother's statement. It isn't what he'd wanted to say, but he's never been good at hiding his feelings — especially when Helios is involved. His ears grow hot, and he buries his face between his legs. His next words are muffled, but the shame in his tone is still rather obvious. It's nice here, too.
common || « french »
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
When his daily searches of the territories bordering the creek continuously provided no trace of his missing children, he finally decided to periodically venture farther. After informing Alessia and @Rosalie of his plans, he left the creek, trekking through the wetlands and continuing to move east. 

He had been traveling most of the day and was about ready to began his journey back to the creek when a faint scent caught his attention. Kavik froze, unable to command any part of his body to move for the few moments it took his brain to process what he had found. There was no way he could be so lucky. There was no way they could actually still be somewhere nearby. Still, he began to follow the trail, prepared to track it for as long as it took to find the end and desperately hoping his son and daughter would be there waiting for him.

He felt like he had been following their scent trail for days by the time he found their snuggled together forms. Relief so strong he thought he might collapse washed over him, and he began to run towards them. Zephyr! Helios! he cried out as he ran; he couldn't close the distance between them fast enough.
I'm no good without you
78 Posts
Ooc — mista
In all honesty, Helios misses home too. He wants so badly to go back, but he fears making the suggestion. With how upset their mothers had been that day, the raven boy feels the urge to protect Zephyr at any cost. That including the family and home he grew up with thus far.

He is thinking about how to respond, how to make it better when fast moving footsteps cause Helios to immediately tense. Did the woman find them? He thought they moved far enough... His breath taken, however, with a hiccup when he sees not the woman but their father rushing towards them. Heart leaping to his throat, Helios wants to rush to him, to meet him half way.

Untangling himself from Zephyr, the older sibling stands over the silver pup. Guarding. Uncertainly and fear consuming him.

« I'll protect you, » he whispers.
Common language is spoken in quotation marks, while French is in « guillemets »x