Jade Fern Grove i love her, can't leave her
love stupid, I know it, I know cause I'm a fool in love
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
All Welcome 
for @Bhediya ! : )

Lolita had left her home quite some time ago. She had been traveling for what felt like forever. She had encountered many wolves along the way- but all were strangers who she greeted and left behind. The girl knew some of her other siblings had headed southward before her, and some part of her kept believing she would find them again by some magical coincidence- but after meeting so many others along her travels, and never encountering her family, she had given up on finding them. Really, she thought she ought to find a home for herself, instead of meaninglessly pursuing people she hadn't seen in forever.

Perhaps near here was the place. She had come across a new land, where she had already encountered quite the exciting variety of landscapes. Now she found herself in a somewhat dense little forest, coated in lovely greens anywhere she looked. The pale lady stood out quite starkly against the emerald shades of the plant life. The noise of crickets filled the forest like music, giving it a good atmosphere. The girl tread through the ferns- occasionally stepping over a log, passing over an icy river, climbing a hill. She could see the end of the forest through which she traveled not too far ahead, the opening just barely visible through the trunks. She headed in this direction, figuring there might be a more suitable type of home outside.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Tagging for reference. :)

The announcement of the move had come as a pleasant surprise. Bhediya stayed with the group until @Ibis was finished speaking. I'll be back, she'd said, Just going to say goodbye to the marsh. Autumn's chill would have killed any of the flowers she planned to look for.

After passing through the vacant marsh, Bhe decided to continue southward to the nearby forest. A moment after passing through the border of trees, she spotted the alabaster form of another. It striked her as odd, seeing so many northerners. Perhaps she'd forgotten where she now lived. 

A guttural chuff brewed in her chest as she made her slow approach.

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
It was not long before Lolita noticed a figure- a small wolf with ebony fur, unique in its lovely curls. The wolf let out a noise making herself known; Lita inferred that she was therefore friendly- or at least approachable. She altered her direction slightly to approach the petite woman. 

"Good afternoon... D'ye happen to live nearby, Miss? My apologies fer asking, but I happen to be a wandering traveler myself." She introduced herself politely. The lady was hoping to find out whether the area was indeed a good region to live in; who better to answer her questions than a native to the land herself?
"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
hope you don't mind me! just a cameo unless noticed

He had followed Bhediya at a distance from the Emberwood. He didn't like the idea of her slipping away, out of his grasp. They'd grown so close in past days—well, at least, they'd seen more of each other. Were she to disappear. . .

Pyg watched as the dark woman disappeared into the fern grove, hesitated a beat or two as he let the gap between them grow once more. Then he sidled forward, a pale blotch against his surroundings. The shadows engulfed him as he entered the forest, mottled against his pelt.

. . .my apologies fer asking, but I happen to be a wandering traveler myself.

That voice. It was all too familiar. He peered from the thicket, eyes narrowed as he tried to make sense of the scene. There was Bhediya, and nearby was—

Lolita? he mouthed incredulously, too shocked to speak aloud.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The accent was strange and yet, familiar. I live nearby, Bhediya replied. Her voice was quiet as she focused on placing the foreign intonation. Pygmalion, she thought and sighed with a smile. There's a settlement toward the East, Bhe continued, turning her head to point, Not too far.

It occurred to her then that the reason for the stranger might have needed help. A blanket of concern fell over Bhediya's face. Where are you going? she asked, wondering if she might be able to give directions.

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
@Pygmalion dont mind at all, happy to have you hehe :D if Pyg doesn't approach here, then we could have a thread after this btw!

When the petite woman stated that she lived nearby, Lita's icy blue eyes lit up enthusiastically. So she did live in this area, after all. A settlement towards the east, eh? Lolita considered heading this direction. 

Then, the change in Bhediya's expression did not go unnoticed. She was concerned that something was wrong until the girl asked Lita about her direction, and she realized that her shift in expression was only concern for the snowy girl herself. "Honestly, not sure just yet. Might have to head east to th' settlement yer talking about." She explained.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
I'm going to assume that it's okay to post. Let me know if you want me to delete!
Note: UG's ranks are full as of 11/14.

Bhediya smiled. It was unlikely that they had room for another mouth to feed. After winter had run its course and their swath of members dwindled, she thought that they might be more welcoming. We don't have a lot of room, I'm afraid. 

The last thing that she wanted to do was discourage the stranger. There, she said, are two more packs. Her chin lifted to point in the opposite direction. Easthollow and Lost Creek Hollow. They could likely use another body for the winter.

A familiar scent blew past on a breeze. Bhediya ignored it, figuring that it was a hint of what remained at the marsh. I'm Bhediya. You?

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
ohhh lmao ok! I guess I will keep her a lone wolf or get her into a nearby pack lol :"D it's awesome that ug is so successful though woww

Lolita nodded understandingly; she grew up in a big pack and she knew what it was like when resources were limited. "Oh... that's alright. I'll keep searching." So she would have to find somewhere else- either that or remain on her own and continue traveling. But she was sure she would continue to search this region, and just as she thought that, the lady suggested two other settlements- Easthollow, and Lost Creek Hollow. The girl directed Lita with a point of her chin, and the pale girl took note of the direction. 

Lolita too, caught a slight whiff of something- Pyg? She shook away the thought. She figured that she had already surpassed her siblings somewhere along the way, in the north. She was sure her nose was scheming with her loneliness to play tricks on her, and so she ignored it. 

The darker lady introduced herself as Bhediya. Lolita nodded. "Pleasure t'meet ye, Bhediya. I'm Lolita." She smiled kindly.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
There seemed to be a hint of disappointment in Lolita's words. Bhediya's brow furrowed as she searched for a recovery. I can show you the other packs, she offered. Finding Easthollow would be easy, though she could only get but so close. Lost Creek Hollow was still unknown territory, though. 

The conversation held at the Stone Circle remained fresh in her mind. Easthollow is led by Valette and her partner. She isn't as receptive in the winter, if I'm remembering right. Do you have any trades? Having something to contribute would inarguably help the blanchard's chance.

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Lita didn't want to become a burden to the she-wolf, and yet she appreciated her offer to show the pale girl the packs. "It's kind of ye t'offer, Bhediya. But I wouldn't want t'inconvenience ye." she spoke. "I think I might find it just with yer directions."

As Bhediya explained the leadership of one of the packs and their acceptance level, Lolita nodded. She wouldn't expect a pack to let just anyone in, especially in the hard times of winter. She had already seen two winters and she knew how tough they could get. "I'm an alright hunter, and I've got experience caring for young, considering my little siblngs." She explained. It wasn't an especially impressive resume, but at least she had something to speak of.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
It's really no inconvenience, Bhediya assured Lolita. The trip was necessary, she thought. They would need to strike an alliance with at least one of the nearby packs. I won't force you, though. Bhediya laughed and flashed the girl a toothy grin.

It impressed her to hear Lolita's credentials. It was only after entering her golden years that Bhe even considered earning a trade. That'll do you good, I think. Hunters were always appreciated and once spring rolled around, Lita's experience with children would be, too. Bhediya drew in a deep sigh. 

Don't be afraid to visit, she said. You never know when a vacancy might appear. I can't speak for the leader, but I think you'd make a good addition.

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
When Bhediya assured that it was no inconvenience, Lita's heart was warmed by the women's kindness and immediate willingness to help. "Alright, if it really doesn't bother ye at all, then... I wouldn't refuse th' help..." She trailed off a bit awkwardly, not wanting to be too demanding or cross any lines of general courtesy. 

The pale girl smiled slightly when Bhediya said that her skills were probably good enough. So she did have a chance at the pack- she then officially decided, mentally, that Easthollow would be her next stop. It was better to find a home for the winter than to keep wandering purposelessly. She smiled brightly when Bhediya claimed that she would be a good addition. "Aww, thank ye," She laughed, touched by Bhediya's words. "Then I'll make them my next stop. Try my luck with that- Valette."
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I totally jumped in right as Bhediya posted. I can edit if need be.

Oh. . .wait. . .now it's gone. Eeek

It was Lolita, and he found himself shocked to see her here. Pip, and now her?! Who else had followed him down from the great white north? He frowned to hear that his little sister may not have a place in Uaine Gorsedd. He knew they had a lot of wolves. . .but Pyg was willing to provide for her. And she could certainly provide, too—

Ah, blast it. He'd deal with the potential consequences of following Bhediya later.

Lolita! Pygmalion exclaimed, finally exiting the brush and arriving onto the scene with a sparkling grin. He rushed forward to embrace her, then looked over at Bhediya, beaming. My sister, he explained, though their resemblance in both appearance and mannerism should be clear enough. 

He returned his gaze to Lolita in astonished query. Did ye track me from home, just like Pip? Ye ken Pip's here, too? God, what would Mother think? She had always been keen to keep her myriad children close.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
ghost post! deleted my original :)

So, the scent had a face. Pygmalion entered from the sidelines in his typical fashion and waltzed toward Lolita. Bhediya wondered what he was doing so far from home but figured that he had also been scouting. Their pack seemed full of adventurous spirits, she thought.

The accent had also found its match, it seemed. After hearing him speak, Bhe was able to place its odd familiarity. Your sister? she asked. Her tail wagged anxiously between her legs. I believe it. To her, all arctic wolves looked the same and these two were no different. It was the odd way that they spoke which sold her on his story.

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
omg @ pyg I'm soo sorry we resumed posting without u lmaooo I didnt mean to disregard the order I just didnt know u would be back :") 

A noise interrupted their conversation; a call of the girl's own name. Lolita's head jerked in the direction of the call, her eyes widening in shock- Pygmalion? He was here? She had been sure that she was delusional for catching his scent- how could she and him end up in the same place, after travelling so far from Nunavut?

As her big brother came to greet her, she leaned joyfully into his embrace. She had plenty of siblings, some of whom were dislikable. When you have that many siblings, there are bound to be some aggressive ones. But Pyg was one of her favorite siblings- he was sweet and friendly. The pale girl was happy to see a familiar face in this unfamiliar land. 

And- he spoke directly to Bhediya- did these two know eachother? She replied readily, and Lolita realized they must not be strangers at all. After her moment of surprise, she finally spoke up- "Pyg- Pyg, I can't believe yer here. And Pip is here? I- I thought I came so far from th' home. How have we all ended up here t'gether?" She wondered hysterically, her train of thought leaking from her lips. Her smile ran ear-to-ear, and she turned to face Bhediya again. "So, ye two know eachother? Are ye from the same settlement then?" She asked.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
No, that's okay! I wasn't sure whether or not he was going to leap in. :)

Aye, Pip's here. So ye weren't together? He found it incredibly hard to believe. What a twist of fate! Lolita called to attention that he knew Bhediya (and she him) and his face fell slightly, remembering the bits of conversation he had wanted to tune out.

He turned to the dark woman, eyes a bit pleading. Is there really no more room in our group? Pyg asked sadly. I'm sure somethin' could be worked oot, right? She really is a good hunter, and we've more than enough siblings at home that we've watched over. I can vouch for her.

Pygmalion put on his best puppy-dog, puss in boots stare, cocking his head slightly. Aye, that'll do it, ye bastard. Grovel at the goddess's paws.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
It was difficult enough to turn Lolita away without Pygmalion's pleas. Bhediya's brow furrowed as she bit pensively at the inside of her cheek. I..., she began, eyes darting between the pair, The Emberwood is bursting at the seams as is. Besides, it was Ibis's call to make and she wasn't there.

That's why Easthollow would be perfect. The conversation needed to shift because from where Bhe sat, things were only becoming more tense. It isn't far. You guys could easily visit one another everyday, if you wanted. It was only a slight exaggeration; going from Stone Circle to the Emberwood only took an afternoon, but that was in the warmer months. Winter would prove a challenge, she thought.

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
"Aye, we weren't." She replied to Pyg's question about Pip. Then she only listened in silence, as Pygmalion pleaded her case to Bhediya. She was touched by his attempt to get her into the group. And as typical of Pygmalion, his puppy eyes look was quite convincing.

But Bhediya insisted that the place was full. Her heart fell a little, but she knew that it wasn't Bhediya being mean, or anything like that. Survival was survival and sometimes resources were limited. Lita could understand, and she nodded as Bhediya brought up Easthollow once again. 

"Aye, I'm sure she's right, brother. I ken visit ye whenever I wish. Maybe once things even out, I can join ye. Or we can make our own place." She suggested, hoping he could be understanding. Of course she wanted to spend time with her brother, after not seeing him for so long- but she didn't want to push the limits of the already-full pack.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Bhediya was right, he knew. . .but that didn't stop him from feeling disappointed. His ears swiveled backward, his tail drooping. Och, weel, if it can't be helped, he muttered, glancing apologetically at Lolita. I trust Bhediya. If she says Easthollow is a good place, then it must be.

But would he go with her? This complicated things. He was excited to see Lolita, no doubt, but moving to Easthollow would mean moving farther from Bhediya. His captivation for the woman knew no bounds; to sever himself from her side felt wrong

He was meant to be with her, he knew it. There was no other way.

Let me accompany you to the new pack, at least, Pygmalion insisted. He shifted his attention to Bhediya. Ehm. . .where is it, exactly? That would be helpful, for starters.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
It troubled Bhediya to see their mutual drop in enthusiasm. It'll only be for a little while, I'm sure, she added with a nod. The numbers that they were pulling would be difficult to maintain through the spring. A spot was bound to appear, she was sure. 

It's down that way, Bhediya instructed. Easthollow wasn't far and as long as the pair kept south, it wouldn't take long for them to reach it. It worried her to leave them unaccompanied, but she assured herself that they would find their way. Besides, they could likely use some time to catch up. It's set up between a collection of stones and there are two valleys on either side. It would be hard to miss it.

37 Posts
Ooc — summer
think this will be my last post here if that's cool with yall :D thanks for the thread!!!!

When Pyg said he trusted Bhediya, Lolita nodded. She glanced in the direction which Bhediya referenced. So she and Pyg would travel together, then. She was very satisfied with this; it had been a long time since they'd seen eachother, and even though they would have to split again soon, she was happy that they could at least catch up.

"Alright, then. Pyg and I ken go together," She glanced at her big brother before continuing, "Really appreciate the help, Bhediya. I think we'll be oof now, if that works for ye, brother. C'mon," She smiled at him, turning in the direction of their journey.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He followed Bhediya's gaze, trying to draw a mental map. Ah, well. "A collection of stones" seemed a good enough landmark to remember; if they did end up getting lost, they could just ask for directions. Unlike some of his kind, Pygmalion was not proud enough to refuse aid on a journey.

Works fine, Pyg said, though he felt a small twinge in leaving Bhediya to her own devices once more. The places she could go. . .the dangers she could meet. She would take care. Right? Be safe getting home, he told the dark woman, eyes serious. I'll be back soon enough.

With one final, gentle smile toward his packmate, he turned and fell in step alongside Lolita, to whom he gave a jovial nudge to the shoulder. Canna believe ye're here, he remarked, laughing. Ye'll have tae tell me all aboot yer journey on our way tae Easthollow. . .