Moonspear seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He was more than a little surprised by what came next; why was she offering at all? Because of the kids? These were tough times, and they had ties to an established flake. It would only make sense to turn them away at this point. It made him a little skeptical of Hydra and her motives, although. . .

God. Dragomir couldn't go on much farther, not with this newest emotional blow. He imagined Isi was feeling a similar level of turmoil. He could go to Praimfaya, but how far south was the fen? It might take ages to get there, and even when they arrived -- a girl-leader? A pretender Heda, at least in Ajatar's eyes? It seemed like a recipe for disaster.

At her question, he shook his head in a silent 'no.' He would not give the full story here. She only needed to see the darkening of his eyes to know it was something more sinister than rising water. Instead --

They need stability in their lives, Vercingetorix said softly, again shaking his head in rueful fashion. As you've probably gathered from this short conversation, they haven't had much of that. I need to do right by them. He took in a deep breath, ragged with exhaustion. For my part, I'm a soldier. I can serve you and yours without question, were we to stay. And I can try to find whatever game is left to feed this pack.

His lips firmed in something like a smile, though it was tinged with the weight of all they'd learned today. You're kind to even offer us a place to stay, after what Aure did, Verx mused. But the kids shouldn't be punished for their mother's foolishness. . .and I'm a goddamn fool myself, but I'm trying to be better. I could be better, here.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Vercingetorix - October 02, 2019, 07:06 PM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Hydra - October 02, 2019, 08:02 PM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Dragomir - October 03, 2019, 09:32 AM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Arcturus - October 03, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Hydra - October 04, 2019, 08:52 PM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Dragomir - October 04, 2019, 10:20 PM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Arcturus - October 04, 2019, 10:51 PM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Hydra - October 04, 2019, 11:05 PM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Vercingetorix - October 05, 2019, 11:10 AM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Isilmë - October 06, 2019, 04:19 AM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Hydra - October 07, 2019, 09:35 PM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Dragomir - October 09, 2019, 07:28 AM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Arcturus - October 09, 2019, 09:23 AM
RE: seal team sixty-nine sexecuting the hit - by Hydra - October 28, 2019, 06:59 PM