Sleepy Fox Hollow Hang up my heart, let it air out
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Despite the fact that her proposal had been only in the interest of Diaspora's future, her heart raced in the moments between her words and his reply. If he declined, it would be yet another rejection, and she knew her pride would suffer for it, now matter how much tried to convince herself otherwise. But he didn't decline, not exactly. In fact, at first, he surprised her by not only accepting her offer but suggesting that it be more than just a formal agreement. She met his gaze with nothing more than understanding and nodded. A more practical arrangement is not a requirement; I just thought you might prefer it that way—given how complicated things have been. Given how complicated she had made things. 

He doubted Stigmata's dream to control the mountains and she did not blame him for that; how could they claim such a thing now while also discussing abandoning the Sunspire completely. And she was equally frustrated with the lack of support for the amount of young they were responsible for, although she tried not to be too angry with the former General about it anymore; it did not help her deal with her grief. She was confused at first by what he meant when he said footholds of our blood in other packs. She didn't really like the sound of that, and she soon realized why as he continued to explain. She was glad that he chose to look away then because she could not keep the swell of jealousy from twisting her expression. Her heart began to slam against the walls of her chest before she could reel in her reaction. He was not hers, and she couldn't control what he did. And as much as she hated to admit it, his idea had merit; she couldn't deny that. One thing continued to bother her, though. The way he phrased something...he wanted all children born to Diaspora to be his. Reason could not change how adamantly she hated the way that sounded. What she thought he was implying sounded an awful lot like the situation Stigmata had put her in, and she was not interested in repeating that. All of Diaspora's children? she questioned. I cannot stop you from breeding with wolves outside Diaspora, and I can't ignore that it would give us an advantage. Her jealousy concerning that was irrational, and she willingly recognized that. But it sounds like you intend to have children with other females in Diaspora. Jealousy swelled in her chest again; jealousy and betrayal. But that wasn't why she decided to speak against it. That would be a repeat of last year, and I have no interest in that. If you wish to have children with someone else here, then I rescind my offer. She wore her usual emotionless mask, hiding how much it hurt her to say that to him. I too can offer alliances through breeding, and then we wouldn't be stuck with a pack of children that are solely our responsibility to care for. She would not willingly place them at such a disadvantage. Ensuring their return here and fortifying alliances with their blood—those things she understood. She admired his dedication to their home. But she couldn't let them drown in pups this year with no support. She had already decided she wouldn't permit any other female to breed, but it wasn't her place to stop him from breeding. She could, however, strengthen them by sacrificing what she wanted for what was best for Diaspora.  

oops, i did anyway
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 11, 2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 11, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 11, 2019, 10:20 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 16, 2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 17, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 18, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 22, 2019, 04:59 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 26, 2019, 05:33 PM