Emberwood Every time you smile, I smile.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Open for anyone from UG that wants to help explore!

The deeper Ibis roamed through the forest, the bigger the forest felt. The fiery leaves were everywhere, some crunching beneath her paws while others were frozen in place, made slick with frost even though the sun was out and beaming brightly. The smell of rain was pervasive; beyond the woodsy scent of the forest and the earthen aroma of rotting leaves, there was the subtle minerality that heralded rain. 'We are sheltered here,' Ibis thought as she moved along, unafraid of a light showering if it should soon begin. The only thing she could not find within the odiferous woodland was the scent of food, and that worried her.

If they could not find a hunting ground here among the trees, what would they do? The marsh had some small offerings—frogs if one could find them, though they were going in to a hibernation the closer the season progressed to winter. Rabbits sometimes in the more stable areas. As Ibis ducks around a particularly low branch (it nearly takes her head off, but that's mostly because she is distracted) she wonders when the bigger game will return—the forest might attract deer in the spring, and that would be a blessing to the wolves.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
31°, currently it is clear and set during the day. Located in Rising Sun Valley, emberwood | ooc notes: ima snag this one

Though this place did not feel like home, she knew only two individuals and even they, she knew them very little of them. She was growing fond of @Sativa, and eventually, maybe she would see her as a family more so than just a traveling companion... But for now, her heart grew heavier, lonelier as days went on. At least she had a place to sleep, a new growing pack once again that she would help build as much as she could. But as much as she tried to muster as much gusto as she did for Kaistleoki, it simply didn't feel the same.

For now, she wandered the woods. The beautiful white aspen trees and their fiery yellow leaves were enough to distract her from her thoughts. With winter approaching, she could only imagine what the trees would look like caped in the soft alabaster stuff. Though she was alone for the time being, across from her, Ibis was approaching. Softly smiling, Reiko chose to approach. She was one of the two Reiko was at least somewhat familiar with. Greetings lady Ibis. Are you familiarizing yourself with the white woods as well?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She noticed the pale shape almost immediately. It would take some time before Ibis could differentiate the various pale-coated visitors, but at least this one seemed to recognize her in turn, and as they drew together between the trees, Reiko's voice helped to alleviate some of Ibis' worry. She smiled warmly to the newcomer, although her little ears flicked idly at the sound of the title bestowed upon her; it felt strange to hear it from Reiko when she was still getting used to it. Kukulkan had started that trend, and Ibis wondered how far it would spread—it made her feel like a princess despite having lived in a boggy marsh for three months.

I am trying, she confirms to Reiko. And how are you adjusting? I hope everyone has been kind, and if you have troubles, you'll come to me? Although Ibis cannot fathom any of these sweet people suddenly becoming antagonistic, she hoped that things were going well for the woman. Oh—and your friend. Sativa? Remembering the girl suddenly, Ibis hopes she recalled her name correctly.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The warm greeting was a welcomed sight. It was a 180 from the recent events starting from the flowery fields, Moonspear's less than welcoming words, and strangers she had come across in the wilds. It lifted her grief heavy heart for a moment and allowed herself to smile in return. Little by little she felt the heavyweight upon her shoulders lighten, and soon, hopefully, one day, she would feel like herself once more rather than this shell she has been carrying for months.  

Shuffling her feet awkwardly at the mention of meeting anyone. She swallowed several times before admitting, I haven't met anyone as of yet. I'm sure they are all very kind, and I will keep that in mind, thank you. She was surviving, shaking off the dread that had loomed over her for the last while - but she would not answer sweet Ibis' question on how she was fairing... not yet. Not until she adjusted a little while longer. I believe she is fairing better than I. She will quickly find her place I am certain.

Drawing herself to Ibis' side, giving them just enough space to fit two other wolves as she would dare not crowd the young lady. Would it be alright if I join you?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis didn't know what to expect, but whatever the outcome of her question she hoped that Reiko fared well. If she had issues, Ibis would be sure to address them as best she could, although... The girl was still adjusting to her role among these wolves, having never carried a rank with any great merit before. To go from a pack's messenger to a rogue, and then suddenly the leader of a group? It felt a little bit like whiplash.

It was also a little bit disheartening to hear that Reiko hadn't met others; there were so many, but Ibis presumed they were all busy getting acquainted with the forest, or one another, or perhaps busy with their duties. The woman's face looked drawn, even as she smiled, as if some great weight was pressing in on all sides. Ibis was empathetic to that feeling—it was the same she carried.

Would it be alright if I join you? The woman requested, almost shy in her query. Ibis nodded and matched her pace with the larger wolf; she did not know what to say immediately after, but when the silence became a little bit too oppressive, she prompted Reiko by saying, Is there something on your mind, um.. That I can help with?
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It wasn't often that someone else was smaller than her. Assuming that Ibis was either a runt or mixed, she did not think of it any further than just regular curiosity - and a little pride that for once, she was not craning her neck upward to speak to someone. 

As the newfound leader matched Reiko's pace, she herself slowed just enough to make their pace as comfortable for both of them a possible. Her long strides seemingly longer with the lack of fats clinging to her sides. Stilt legged and elegant as they walked, feeling no different than when she traveled with Sativa, not exited as she once did with @Evergreen, bouncing to her new home as excited as a child after a long trip away. No, she felt neutrality. The fear had gone to the wayside of her mind and replaced with a silent peace. 

"Is there something on your mind, um.. That I can help with?" Lifting her pale brows, she looked over at the young leader with curiosity. Shaking her head once more, Not at all, I wish to do more to help establish the pack. Perhaps get to know you better. She replied softly, turning her attention back on the path ahead. 

What do you think of your new position?
Healing (2/6)

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Maybe the woman sensed the trepidation within the nymph, but her question was met with a swift answer, and it was to-the-point. So often these days people were in need of Ibis, asking for guidance, instruction, duties to perform, and while Ibis was happy to oblige them she had grown tired of the constant hustle the past few days. It was a lot for one little girl to handle; although she knew she wasn't truly a little girl anymore, she was a lady, it was hard to shake old habits. This transition from lost girl in the marsh to some kind of leader was the most difficult one of them all. Reiko must have sensed all of this, or maybe Ibis' emotions still ran clear across her every inch—but she appreciated the ear as it was lent.

I... didn't have words at first, unfortunately. The question wasn't hard. What do you think about being a leader, having all these people looking up to you, expecting the best, when you've never had such experience before? There were many layers to the question despite how eloquently Reiko had put it. I'm a little bit overwhelmed by it, to be honest.

She pauses mid-stride among the trees, and looked to Reiko with a thin smile upon her face. It hasn't really sunken in yet that I'm... For whatever reason, a leader. I don't think of myself as one. I don't know.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
For a while she had been changing, some things she knew about and had no control over it, while others, the exiled was unaware. One of which, was her desire to not have any spotlight on her at all. To avoid being the center of attention and the attempt to change the course of the conversation onto Ibis had given her some form of ease.  That's normal. Her soft voice sang out in reply to Ibis' feeling of being crushed under the new title bestowed upon her.

She remembered how Evergreen also felt the same way, that the title was all too new and although he didn't verbally admit it, he certainly didn't seem to feel like a ruler.  If you weren't nervous, I wouldn't think you'd make a good leader. It shows that you care. Softly she smiled to the young leader, wandering at her side all the while keeping her eyes out on the lands to try and memorize its terrain - to see if there were any interesting locations that they could use.

It won't mean much coming from me, but if you ever need assistance with anything, please let me know. I will do my best.
Healing (2/6)

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It was hard not to be overwhelmed. More importantly, how could Ibis expect anyone to follow her lead if she was so indecisive, so worried all the time? She wasn't physically strong and there were plenty of larger, healthier wolves who could serve this purpose; but she found herself at the helm of all of this. The point of gathering people was to provide somewhere small, sheltered, and safe—but it was swiftly becoming something other, snowballing quickly in the past few weeks. It was a lot to handle.

The pale woman was swift to offer her support, which the girl appreciated. She smiled warmly, some of the weight shedding from her shoulders in knowing that Reiko was another soul pledged to help, if need be. Having the support of such wonderful people was a boon indeed. Thank you Reiko. Ibis murmurs in response, her tail waving behind her. She thinks about how little she knows of the world outside of the valley and doesn't know what else to offer, beyond adding: Have you any experience with... Well... Travel abroad? I've only ever lived in this valley and I've been scouting it for as long as I can remember, but... I don't know much else. My friend Kukulkan says that there are oceans to the south, and Pygmalion, he says he is from the north where it is always cold but also beautiful.

She's rambled a bit, and pauses in realization of this, blushing. Sorry -- everything just sounds so wonderful to me. So different. I really wish I could see more of what's out there. But then what would become of them, these vagrants she's pieced together in to a faux-family? What would happen if she gave in to the itch in her paws if Okeanos came looking for her? It wasn't in the cards for her now.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
With a quick dip of her head, she would accept anything that would be brought to help with. She may not be fully comfortable in the new pack, more so than she was in the brief moment she spent in Moonspear, but not quite the comfort she felt with Evergreen and Ira... perhaps in time, she would grow to love this new place all the same. 

Yes. @Pygmalion, she would remember such a name. Someone who came from the North was an exciting thought. It was always nice to talk to someone who came anywhere near where her birthplace was. To reminisce perhaps. Her tail swayed at the thought. It's alright, I love speaking of my travels. I was born far North of here too, it is indeed beautiful, I miss it often. Lakes are frozen to the point where you can travel by foot over the fish and weeds, I remember sliding on it as a pup for fun. Snow as deep as any large wolf I've seen, a great way to keep warm and play.

She turned her attention to what Ibis had previously said before Reiko had gone on her little rant. You're at an advantage, this is your home. You know it well. I'm a little jealous of you. Unless you have a partner, it's lonely to travel, and dangerous.
Healing (2/6)

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis listened attentively as the other woman spoke of home, and added these tidbits to what she knew from Pygmalion. It did sound like a magical place; that much snow must have been dangerous though, and to walk on a frozen lake—she'd never have the gall to try such a thing! Then again, Ibis was tiny, and her light body probably couldn't break through any layer of ice no matter how thin. Reiko said something about the snow keeping you warm which made no sense to Ibis but she didn't point that out, figuring that Reiko had much more experience with the substance due to her heritage. It wasn't her place to question someone with more experience.

And then to hear that Reiko was jealous of her—that stood out and made Ibis blush profusely. I had a partner for a long time. My brother Okeanos. He's... I like to think he's safe somewhere, but, I haven't seen him since the shaking began. Her tone was warm as she spoke of her brother but then shifted to something indistinct, light, a flurry of worry that came and went. Ibis had gotten used to fearing for her brother's safety and could compartmentalize the worst of it these days. I still hope he'll come back to me someday. I'd love for everyone to meet him. As she quieted Ibis swallows a small lump in her throat and looks around idly, not wanting to dwell on the loss.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She remembered Ibis' brother, though she had not met the boy, it was something she had kept in mind since she had met Ibis the first time along the riverside. Now she had a name to go along with it, Okeanos. She would keep an ear out for that name and perhaps see what she could do for the young leader. For now, she kept quiet on the matter, there was no need for her to give Ibis hope unless she could keep a promise on the matter... It would be a secret mission for now. 

Is there something you both share, something we can find as a symbol to Okeanos of your whereabouts? Something that if he were to see it, would think of you immediately? We can leave breadcrumbs so to speak, they could double as mementos in his name. She couldn't help but think that maybe, having something as a reminder of her brother, as something that might bring him here to her would keep Ibis from worrying too much. There was no way to forget it completely, but perhaps they could ease it somehow.
Healing (2/6)

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The idea of breadcrumbs was a curious one, and actually brought a stronger smile to Ibis' face, a little giggle at the idea. Leaving clues sounded like fun (whether the effort was successful or not) and yet, Ibis thought of what Bhediya often told her: that they weren't far from the marsh, so there was no real reason to worry. If he ever did come back to the valley then Okeanos wouldn't have to go far. What sort of clues could she possibly leave for him beyond the scent of their claim? The marsh was the last space they'd shared and so Ibis trusted that would be the first stop that Okeanos would make on his way home to them, and with enough attention to the borders and with the right people scouting the surrounding territories for food and other supplies, they'd no doubt come across the bear of a boy.

That's an idea I hadn't considered before, Ibis commented as her light laughter faded. But I'm not sure we could spare anything of value—besides that, all I can think of to leave for him would be flowers, and they're all dead now. When our first major snowfall happens they'll be buried and the world will become a blank slate. Thus making any effort useless, but she did appreciate the suggestion. It was out-of-the-box thinking.

I'm sure when he comes to find me at the marsh he'll find his way here. We aren't far away. She was hopeful of that, at least. There was an undercurrent of worry Ibis could never shake though, a small sense of doubt that Okeanos had indeed been hurt or perhaps died during the quakes—but she refused to feed that tiny monster for long.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Flowers... Unfortunately, it would be tough to have a permanent trail of flowers... but perhaps Reiko could do something about it in the springtime. She had already successfully transferred plants from one place to the next, she could do the same with flowers all around Uaine Gorsedd territory - unless Okeanos had found his way to Ibis earlier than that.

Hmm... I might have an idea with that. She pondered the thought. She had always been the creative type, to come up with some kind of uncouth method to some kind of madness, maybe she could find a way for some kind of permanent flowers to mark the lands as breadcrumbs for the lost brother. I can't guarantee it working, but I'm curious myself. Pursing her lips, she had that twinkle in her eye return for a moment as she forgot about the anxiety and gloom that crushed her spirits, and allowed that childish imagination to run free once again.

Thank you for your company Ibis, but I might take my leave to see if I can put this dream into a reality. 

We can end it if you'd like! Makes a complete packthread!
Healing (2/6)

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Her commentary seemed to have lit something within Reiko, and while the woman was vague on the details she seemed quite animate, invested in whatever had popped in to her head. Not one to get in the way of inspiration, Ibis nods and smiles; she would have loved to hear more about Reiko's life, home, family—whatever the woman liked to talk about—but she was also intrigued by the sudden shift in Reiko's demeanour, and was thrilled to have caused such inspiration. As the woman dismissed herself and pulled away to go do -- well, whatever it was that had caught in her mind -- Ibis watched her depart and then drifted off herself, taking a deep breath of the dry, cold air as she set about completing one of many tasks in preparation for the pack's formation. So much to prepare—and winter was coming.