Northstar Vale you are my friend
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
@Andraste -- sorry, i waited until i got home because it was hectic at dinner. also, tagging for reference. :)

originally, the promise was i'm going to stop leaving home. it took two days of remaining stagnant within the borders for this to become i'm going to stop leaving home.. eventually.

there were things within the emberwood that required the scout's attention but they weren't urgent enough to warrant a pause in scouting. bhediya could take a trip around the entirety of the teekon and it still wouldn't fill the caches. hunting wasn't her job; remembering this allowed her to justify such frequent absences.

until @Ibis was healed, bhe wanted to keep as much distance as possible. it was important to take precautions when faced with a potential outbreak, she thought. before leaving, the elder found @Kavik and told him about her plans. only for a day, she'd assured him before crossing their border.

the original plan had been to venture back to maegi but the evidence of a new settlement in the mountains stole her attention. bhediya remembered the blanchards in the cave and wondered if this might be their doing. after a moment's contemplation, the scout tilted her head and called for an audience.

wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
it's ok, i conked out last night lmao.
i'll color dialogue later bleh

Stormcloak had risen early, as oft she did;
for though the temptation to slumber deep beneath the late after-noon light, she was Undómiel: she could not now elude her dues. Not when her very boreal being still yet brimmed with last dawn's delight at what this Court had cultivated. So when the first call came fluting from the vale's premises  (not at all from the throats of their own), the stormcloak cast herself towards that cardinal point with a featherlight step and a tail that remained to flicker at hocks.

In time, if ever there should be an influx of beckoning from borders, she would brandish that pennant high high high  (detest it as she may)  —  but she would not do so, now. For it was a familiar inked face that came into her sights and brought a rare glimmer of smile upon her own features. Beguiled without reason:  "Mára rëBhediya."
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
it was the foreigner who approached with effortless strides. their pleased expression rivalled one another with bhediya wearing a grin that spanned her face. you've settled in, i see, the scout mused, i'm happy for you all.

uaine gorsedd would soon have their own claim confirmed. the anxiety was apparent. i didn't get your name last time. it was an embarassing fact to admit, but one that she thought she ought to get out of the way. this wouldn't be the last time that they met and calling her "the lady with the accent" would only work for so long.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
A congratulations, of some sort; the stricken recieved it with a humbled cant of her shorn brow all the same; the previous smile shying and softening into something more refined as the minutes ticked by, endless.  "I thank you,"  she wisped.  "It is my hope that your own may feel such pride, in time, truly."  And there was so little that made her heart tremor so! 

But she soon tucked such regards away, for she did not wish to keep them in the presence of another whose own still meant to occur. "Forgive me. I am Andraste,"  she then proferred to the dark druid; and the gracious gesture from before returned once again.  "I trust that your trek here was not too terrible, of course?"
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
we're getting there, she laughed. they'd been doing surprisingly well, small stuff aside. i was hoping that we'd beat you guys in the race, though. it was a slight jab made in good humor. worried that andraste might not be as amused, the scout coupled it with another childlike giggle.

it was okay, bhediya said. it felt rude to admit that this wasn't meant to be her ultimate destination, especially with the warm welcome she'd received. instead, bhe chose to say, i've been meaning to come and check in on everything. we aren't too far apart so it isn't a hassle. it took less than half a day when the skies were clear, but the scout worried that things would become much more difficult once the shift in seasons ended.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
A simper nothing short of impish graced her marred lips, at that; it did nothing to coax the pride from her once more, and took everything within to smother it to muted joy once more. She had not been near that briarforest for some time, but knew well that it was where the druids now settled; and had no qualms towards them, naturally, other than mere curiosity. As far as all else that Bhediya conjured up ... "That is well,"  overall, for both her own foundings and the traipsing.

Hesitation for a few heartbeats, then, before:  "If your travels mean to take you further, I would be honored if you would join me on my patrol — perhaps?"  Whether through the very valley, or wending through the circlet of spires; she would be remiss to miss an opportunity to get to know fellow settlers.  ... Of course, the sibyl could very well decline, and Undómiel would let bygones be bygones; but it was quite the least that she could do, no?
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
making some slight assumptions here.

standing at the border and making small talk was great but bhediya was growing tired of the routine. andraste's offer was quickly accepted with a fervent nod and an excited tail wag. the vale was its own area in and of itself, so being able to get a quick peak inside was a beyond attractive idea.

assuming the pair began to move, bhediya thought to speak. can you tell me more about your pack? she asked. they'd had a short conversation back in the cave but what really interested the scout (the really gritty details) hadn't yet been discussed.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
<3 + this is messy aah

With a word, the druid had been invited to her side;
"Where to begin?"  she trilled mysteriously, riddled mouth quirked with some humor.  "Well — we began in ze Deepwood Weald, in ze Great Wilderness, if you must know. There were relations made with ze Moonspear and its ... ah, queen,"  and the shorn features could not help the shifting of aversion, to speak of such a she-wolf who had both harbored her and held her against specifics that had concerned only her past living.  "She found favor with those who would help support her dominion over ze Wilderness. Once, we were a part of such a claim. And yet ..."  dignified distaste, however delicately put,  "there were others aligned with her. Others that skulked within ze shadows. Pressed us out. Inevitable, I suppose."

Halting, now; casting her sights o'er the valley, thin ears flickering back; fallen a bit solemn.  "We seek to guide those who are lost, you see, whether by their own choice or another's. Half-sanctuary that we remain,"  a listless roll of shoulder,  "and it was not to be found beneath ze shadow of an acclaimed queen, nor alongside her little spirits."

Soft sighing; the fée soon picks up her step once more.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
it must be an arctic thing, the scout thought. they all seemed to move so quickly while maintaining an almost unimaginable poise. short-legged bhediya envied her purebred counterparts most when travelling beside them. moonspear? she repeated. her voice was quiet, the question meant to go without a response.

the idea of a sanctuary was a new one to the scout. most packs focused on themselves and their own well-being with little regard for outsiders. bhediya wondered how the dynamics of such a pack might work. as they continued along their path, a myriad of scents began to gather. how many live here? not wanting to seem overly intrusive, she followed up with, you don't have to tell me, actually. i'm just really interested.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Red lips parted to tell her just how many lie within the Court before the druid followed up with a dismissal that was only polite — but genuine, all the same. The stricken again smiled at this, a thing merely charmed from her, before giving a flattered list of her waxen head and foretelling,  "There are thirteen who live alongside myself in ze Vale,"  and for now, there was no telling whether those very numbers would peter out or flourish in the coming moons. What with the winter almost arrived, there were expeditions to the Taiga yet to be had; it had been rather some time since ash had stopped falling from the skies.

"Your interest humbles me,"  and certainly not for the first time.  "How, may I ask, have your druids come into being? Long has it been that I have seen another settlement in ze Valley."
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
thirteen alongside, so fourteen? it certainly gave the impression of a thriving group. andraste was probably telling the truth; it was silly to lie about something so trivial, especially to a potential ally. bhediya wanted to assure the sylph that it was all in the name of business but that was false, at least to a point. in truth, the scout needed some the companionship of someone not of the opposite sex.

we're doing okay, she replied, a prideful grin threatening to appear, just trying to network, i think. there were only two other packs in the valley that bhe knew of. easthollow wanted nothing to do with her and awol had taken care of lost creek, so her only option was to travel outside. bhediya wondered what ibis might think of her striking up alliances on her own.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
It only came to mind, now, that the sibyl was not at all that littler than the fairylight herself; but a part of her took this in elfin stride all the same, for it was not that often where she encountered those as forsaken in the great heights of kin as she — well, they, it seems. Andraste promptly shook the drifting thought from said mind, though it lingered in the evidence of humored lips.

Networking? Writ into the marred face was nothing but bewilderment, until—

"Ah!"  the mondmädchen chirruped, alit with the dawning of realization.  "You mean, you wish to propose accords? ... I would not find fault with such a wish, naturally."  An air of faux smugness; one that she could not ever hope to hold, and so she laughed low and melodic at her own ridicule.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
one could understand the plights of learning a new language. it wasn't long ago that bhediya had been through the same trials, though the years of speaking in the common tongue rid her of any accent. she waited patiently for andraste to catch on before offering an empathetic giggle. good, good. of course, this would have to be shared with the rest of the council before anything was finalized.

there was surely more to be talked about, the scout thought. do you know any other groups around here? the faint scent of a border lingered at the southern end of the mountains. when crossing for blackfeather, she thought to stop by but found no one to be home.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
"Should you follow ze Sunspires into ze Kintlas, you will find ze fair claim of Kaisteloki, guided by an Evergreen and an Ira,"  she proferred; having not known of the riverlands' flooding in her moons gone from them.  "Northlying of our Vale lies ... well, I am not at all sure what manner of pack rests there, truly. I have not had ze opportunity to range there, myself; to know their scent, their intent. As for ze southbound claim,"  heart, hushed now,  "are ze Diasporans. They are commanded by one named Mahler, and another, named Takiyok."

A flicker within throat;
what would he think, to see her so released from sorrows past? To see all that had now flourished beneath her enterprise since spirited with his own faith for it?

"In my time, I have found them to be steadfast souls. Fierce, enduring,"  the fée continued, listless thoughts leaving all but shivers behind,  "but have yet to heard word upon our own accord with ze nomads."  And perhaps such dealings must be hindered by those inner negotiations of where to inhabit, to quest, to hunt ... but she must shoo such wonderment from her uneased mind.

Such would be relayed, in time.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
the scout listened with a ranger's intent. the goal was to travel to every border that the wilds had to offer, but bhediya knew that this was but a pipe dream. packs frequently rose and fell; to see them all would be a presently unattainable feat. still, she logged the directions being given and thought that she might someday put them to use.

so you travel, too? probably, she thought. thus far, bhe hadn't met a single leader without some degree of scouting experience. we could take a trip together! the suggestion was only meant to be taken somewhat seriously as they likely both had full plates. i haven't met the, uh, the 'diasporans' yet, so maybe we could make a day of it.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
An unassuming nod.  "I once was a very ... adamant strider. My lust for wandering could not so easily be quelled."  Not the fangs of those familiar to her had been enough to sway her; nor, even, that sword in the sky, she thinks.  "But, now ..."  Now, she had again found reason to stay; now, it was not only he who held a place within her stricken heart. There were many; many, and more of them — and yet, there is still a foolish flutter as Bhediya proposes some endeavor north-and-south.

She would not deny this ... nor her curiosity as to the settlement further ahead of the Court.

"A day we will make of it, then,"  echoing, "perhaps when mine come to settle themselves more, and find some routine in each day of their living."  When things were more surer, and matters had been met out.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
it was a date, then. bhediya had hoped for a more concrete answer, but the one given was good enough. she gave an affirming nod of her head and let the subject be.

they were beginning to run out of topics. rather than scraping the barrel for whatever was left, the scout decided that it might be time to end their interaction.

i'm going to dismiss myself, if that's okay. but i'll definitely be back. ​they'd made it decently far during their walk but the scout was confident she knew the way back. it was nice seeing you again. bhe gave a polite nod and turned back toward the border.

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
<3

There was content in the quiet that followed between the starlit and the druid, and with it, their meet soon came to a close; no more words were to be spoken, aside a trilling well-wishing of  "Wind guide you, Bhediya,"  before Undómiel turned aside herself to continue her solitary vigilance of the Vale; and would surely look forward to that very promised day.