Blackfoot Forest 'Cause this time, there's no sound to hide behind
Kavik's questions deepen his sorrow, and suddenly he finds himself not wanting to talk about Helios at all. The search is his, as Helios always has been, and he doesn't trust their father to find him any more than he trusts that he can resurrect their dead family members. Still, he answers.
A few weeks ago? I don't know. It was far from here, He looks away, taking in a deep breath and searching for another subject. The face of the purple-eyed man flashes through his mind, and it comes to him easily. It only takes him a moment to get swept up in the flood of emotions he'd felt earlier. Dad, I — I need to tell you something. It's not about Helios. His heart starts to beat fast as he says it, tears drying into racing anxiety. He'd meant to wait for him to ask, to let him prepare a little for it, but suddenly he can't hold it in anymore and it comes tumbling out. I'm not your daughter — I mean, I'm not a girl. I don't think I ever was, and I hate it when people call me one. It makes me feel — awful and ugly, like I'm a freak. His gaze stays fixed to the ground, eyes hot and stinging as if he might cry more — but he doesn't. He only waits, breath held.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Cause this time, there's no sound to hide behind - by Zephyr - February 24, 2020, 12:07 PM