Greatwater Lake you make me smile
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
River! He shouts, louder than he means in his enthusiasm. The duo made an impulse decision to travel south during a routine patrol of Hoshor Plains. And of course, the bearish Knight cannot contain his excitement when he spots water.
It’s not frozen! There’s fish! His words are spoken fast without a breath of air, causing it to be a conjoined mess. Eve races towards the bank of one river connecting to Greatwater Lake.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
The shout startles him a bit, but he smiles anyway when he sees what Evergreen is so excited about. It takes him a moment to remember to follow, distracted as he is by his mate's enthusiasm. But he does eventually, and soon they're standing at the bank of a river. I thought I was your favorite River, but now I have doubts, He teases breathlessly, but he's clearly happy to see Evergreen happy.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen is perplexed and giddy all the same. He thought he would have to wait until spring to get a chance to fish again, but here he is… lucky as he can be, alongside his mate.
Wh- o-of course you are! He says, mismatched green eyes going from the river to his River. He gives the silver male a nudge with his shoulder.
Do… you wanna try fish again? Cue a pair of puppy dog eyes.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He smiles again at that, heart skipping a little, but he suddenly can't think of a response. Thankfully, Evergreen gives him a good excuse to move on. He hadn't been able to decide how he'd felt about fish last time, and he isn't sure he's ready to try again, but there's no denying those puppy eyes. Anything for you, He says playfully, kissing his nose. He knows he's a lovestruck fool, but he doesn't care. Evergreen never seems to mind either.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Overjoyed at this point, his tail wags strong behind him as Winterbourne agrees to try again; this time hopefully he will see some love of fish, if not, it is at least an opportunity for them to hunt again together… this time in Evergreen’s true domain.
He returns the kiss with a bop of his nose to his mate’s. Thank you, he whispers, and turns back towards the water. It will be cold, but their thick winter coats will hopefully keep them dry enough. He toes forth, testing it first nonetheless, before he makes the first steps into the frosty water.
207 Posts
Ooc —
His own stump tail wags as he follows Evergreen into the water. He doesn't bother to check it first, and the cold is a slight shock, but he doesn't mind. His good mood is enough to keep him warm. He makes sure to step carefully, wary of scaring the fish away, and follows Evergreen closely.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He wants to vibrate with energy with just how content he is, even in these cold waters. It feels good to have the world seem kind, and everything starting to fit back into place. He glances towards his mate, giving him a nod as they both settle into their spots.
Now he focuses on, deeper within the waters where he last saw the fish swimming about. Their movements slower than he is used to, likely affected by the cold just as they were. So he creeps a bit closer, unlike his usual tactic of waiting for them to come to him.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He watches Evergreen closely, eager to learn more about fishing. It's one of his mate's favorite activities, so naturally it's of interest to him. He just needs to see another example before trying it himself. Can they hear us under the water? He wonders softly, feeling a little stupid for the question. But he's never seen ears on a fish.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
I’m not sure, I try to be quiet, he admits, uncertain. Sometimes he thinks they can though, with the way they scatter if a noise is too loud. But he focuses first on the vibration across the water’s surface and any sudden movements.
Fortunately these fish don’t seem to notice them yet, so the bearish Knight decides to try something new and charges forth in attempts to catch them. Splashing about, however, the bear manages to misperceive the distance and his jaws miss snatching one. He lifts his head quickly from the surface and glances behind him to see if Winterbourne has any better luck.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He watches Evergreen for a moment before he tries to mimic his actions — and isn't much more successful. His jaws close around the thin end of the tail of one fish, shredding it and sending the creature flopping through the air for a moment before it splashes back down. He comes up coughing and sputtering, eyes stinging, but he's laughing. He hears Evergreen's laughter too after a moment, then feels a shove against his shoulder that he's quick to return. It isn't long before they devolve into splashing and wrestling in the water, likely scaring away the last of whatever fish had lingered after their blundered attempt at fishing