Northstar Vale You're different from the rest, sister
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Private 
12C°, currently it is light rain and set during the evening. Located in Northstar Vale, cherry blossom grove | ooc notes: --- | tagging: @Hime

Watching the drizzle drift all around the veil in a soft rain that seemed to twinkle more than douse the lands in water, Reiko sat under the canopy of a blossoming cherry blossom tree enjoying the smell of the rain. It's light sprinkle twinkled in the moonlight and strengthened the perfume of the trees in a pleasant smell - what a lovely night even if the stars and moon was covered by clouds for the most part as they drifted by the moon's waning crescent face.

The only distraction was a kick she felt in her belly as the puppies rolled and tumbled within, preparing for their great debut that should be coming soon... she wasn't certain which day in particular, but it should be soon seeing her size now and how active they were. Smiling down at the moving lumps, she wondered how many there were, what they would all look like and each unique personality that came with them. To this day she feared one of them having lavender eyes which would give away their obvious father... but that was something she could not control and simply had to prepare for as a possibility.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
The blossoms reminded Hime of home. They were vibrant, with most of the blooms having fallen from the trees to line the earth. The smell of them was pungent and a touch bitter - hinged with death, you could argue. The floral quality was stronger and helped subdue the rest. It was also pretty easy to see where someone had walked, disturbing the clusters.

Somehow Hime had managed to stay within the Vale without issue. Her sister remained a ghost; but she'd encountered a few others, notably the slut Queen and a few recruits, and none of them were worthy of this fine Vale. Neither was Reiko really, not to Hime. It was too beautiful here. A real kingdom could settle here and thrive under the correct ruler — a thought that made Hime smirk darkly to herself.

As she trailed through the grove though, she came upon the scent of her sister. It was stronger here than anywhere else; more potent than the borders, and sweet, like milk. It was destined to happen eventually and Hime was not afraid of her sister, rather, she knew their history and banked on Reiko's sickly sweet nature, her spinelessness, and knew how to utilize all of it.

Her approach was poised, striding with finesse along the path as her sister's corpulent figure came in to her view; she was like a chubby cloud, husky, with a thick white coat that Hime was vaguely jealous of. She drifted to where her sister was laying and without even turning to look her in the eye, she drawled sardonically, Sister, dear, there you are.

How had she missed her for this long? My, she adds with a dip of her gaze over Reiko's round figure, how you've let yourself go.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As the rain drew out the sweet perfume of the blossoms, it lulled the Empress into a sense of serenity. Even with the puppies doing cartwheels within her, it didn't break her moment of peace as the rain rang her a melody and the twinkling grasses in the moonlight offered a hypnotic view. The thought of sleeping here under the tree tonight did cross her mind, but if she were to get wet and cold; well, there was no way it would be good for the puppies.

Fighting off the heavy lids that threatened to take her here and now, it was the voice, that voice of someone unfortunately very similar that gave her the energy to look up and around to meet the face of Hime. The beautiful, dangerous, woman who had brought so much pain to both Reiko, her own sister, as well as those she loved like Yuudai and Hiromi.

With every word she said, Reiko's heart thudded faster. Her head felt like it would spin out of control. What was she doing here? Why? Hopefully, it was for some reconciliation between sisters and nothing else. Nervously she smiled, offered a slow thud of her tail. Hime. The name felt bitter on her tongue, she was afraid. Yes, I— An anxious swallow of that hard lump that formed in the back of her throat. I'm pregnant. Pushing herself up to a sit, she hoped that Hime was nothing but a cruel illusion, and yet, as she sat up, Hime remained. What brings you here?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
If anyone expected Reiko to call out for help or rise up and drive out the stink that was Hime, sorry, but that's just not happening. True to form, Reiko was shocked but accepting; her lack of spine was made quite clear as she found her sister intruding upon this idyllic spot, and all she had to say was the obvious. Hello — pregnant. Yes, we can see that very well, thank you.

Hime sucked in a little breath, tasting the chill in the air from the rain. Her brows were slightly raised but otherwise her expression was unreadable as she glanced over Reiko again, apprasing her. Hm, yes, clearly, in response to her news.

What brings you here? Reiko says, sitting up. Changing her position did her no favors. 

Now was Hime's chance to come clean. She was more inclined to throw Takeshi under the bus, or lie some other way, but none of those options were that appealing and if she wanted to linger here and take advantage of this budding kindgom, she'd have to play this smart.

Why, you of course. A look of incredulousness spread across her face, and a little offense. I am your blood, and you need family around you, especially now, sister. The next moment had the expression melting from her face, but she was smiling softly, her eyes cold. Now—I have seen your, ah, kingdom, not what she would have called it if she could help it, and I am here to help you fix it. You will be a mother soon, dearie, and you will have much on your plate to attend to. Do you have a midwife? Maidens to tend to you? Tutors for your children? Have you thought at all about your husband, Takeshi, in all of this...? He is your King, yes?

Question after question rose up from her, soft and sweet but sharp, like a tiny needle pricking at her with each syllable.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
There was something about Hime that was always unsettling. As a sister, Reiko loved her dearly. She was the only thing that was left from their parents other than Reiko herself, it was indeed very lonely to think of and seeing anyone with their siblings or parents - even those spats seemed nice to have as weird as it sounded. Someone who cared enough to oppose a bad decision. Reiko knew the terrible things Hime did, what she was capable of, and yet, she still was naively hoping that she had some growth.

As Hime chose her sister as the subject for the reason why she had come all the way here, Reiko couldn't help but feel uncomfortable in her own skin. Like a million ants crawling underneath the first layer beneath her fur, something didn't feel right. It was her words, however, that drew the sibling in. Yes, family, sister! 

She has seen the kingdom? For how long? Why didn't anyone tell her of her arrival! Perhaps the shocking appearance of the ghost of her past appearing out of thin air wouldn't have been so jarring if she had known and prepared. Fix it? Twisting her head in concern wondering what did Hime see in order to want to fix anything? We have a wetnurse, yes... and Takeshi is to be my Emperor, correct, uh— What else did Hime ask? All these questions being fired at her so rapidly was confusing, her head was still spinning with the Izuka's arrival to begin with!
Healing (2/6)

57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
Reiko was flushed and Hime was studying her, but not obviously so. She didn't care much for the verbal answers but she kept tabs on how her sister reacted physically, the way she got frantic, the tilt of her ears, all these things she could study and replicate when necessary. It had been a long time since they'd been together for any length of time and Hime enjoyed the refresher.

One wetnurse. That is better than I expected, but no maidens? She sighs, her eyes downcast, and then lightly shakes her head. The same sort of behaviors their mother would use when disappointed. These images were etched in to Hime's mind and would never leave her; she suspected Reiko would be deeply affected by the display because she had a heart, pathetic as that might be.

And to have these children without an Emperor; you know that mother raised you better, Reiko. Even if Takeshi was her husband, he was beneath her. They were meant to be equal - or at the very least, Takeshi would take control once Reiko had birthed these mongrels. 

Hime did not suspect that her sister could govern while being a mother, she was too.. Simple. But we can fix this too, she went on to say. While you mother your babes, I will take the burden and govern on your behalf. Now, before you object, Hime shot her sister a look: bright-eyed and charming. I have spoken with Takeshi. He is the first I encountered when I came here, actually. He told me of your state and how ill prepared the kingdom is. So, to help you in this time, we will do this.

It wasn't entirely a lie, which was what made it easy to play off as truth. She had met Takeshi. Their conversation had faded from Hime's memory by now, but remembering what he was like when they were back home, it did not feel like a stretch to claim all of this. Now, sister, do you need anything? If you have no maidens, I will serve as such until your time comes.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
In a matter of seconds, Hime had managed to completely destroy everything Reiko had held so dear and worked hard to achieve in the past couple of months. The happiness that it brought to everyone in the vale. Even bringing up their mother and jus how disappointed she would be. Ibis' conversation was briefly remembered for whatever reason. We were waiting to make it official... let him get to know everyone first. Hopefully, get some to like him than the hatred that brewed between him and Yuudai.

As Hime continued to speak, deciding a new route to take in order to fix the empire in her own vision, denying any objection that Reiko did in fact have. Shaking her head in disbelief to it all, she frowned finally and found her voice. She had to speak up. You can't. She started, trying to push her voice to speak a little louder so she was heard instead of ignored. You did terrible things... they don't trust you, I can't sit back when they put their trust in me, and in Ibis.

She had to put her foot down now before things spiraled out of control. Takeshi was already a problem, something she hoped would smooth itself in time as they all got to know one another - but this, Hime here now. How would Yuudai and Hiromi react? Would they leave? You're my sister... and I love you, so if you want to stay and help you're welcome to, but I can't hand over everything to you like that. Her chest and heart felt like it was about to explode out of her chest and all over the pink blossoms that littered the ground.
Healing (2/6)

57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
The explanations fell on deaf ears, but not the resistance. Hime felt it more and more as Reiko protested, but she wasn't going to heed her words. The woman closed her eyes briefly; the vein at her temple pulsed, but she let herself calm down to some state of composure so that she could continue with the facade. Reiko spoke of trust, and she wanted to snort; she spoke of Ibis, and Hime wasn't sure who that was until she made the mental link - the slut Queen, no doubt. 

She draws a careful breath, slow, deliberate, and opens her eyes. Already the hormones are draining your sense, Reiko. Do you not see it? But that was rhetorical in tone.

The smile that spreads across her face is ill suited to her features. Hime looks upon Reiko with a mixture of concern and false sweetness, and shakes her head softly. This was not my decision. Takeshi brought it up with me, and as he is the Emperor — whether you honour him as such or not — I must obey. I came here to help you Reiko, so let me help you. She stepped away from her sister's rounded sides and pirouetted, showing off her fine figure. 

I am certainly a better choice than that slut of a girl you've chosen as your Queen. Really, Reiko, what were you thinking? She frowns. How do you think your subjects will react when they learn of this deception? She is pregnant Reiko; she is not the Empress, and she carries wretched little peasants inside of her. She doesn't even know the father! Is that why you are friends? The clarity in Hime's expression sharpens and she lunges towards Reiko's face, but not to attack with her teeth — she halts a breath away from her sister's face and quietly drawls, Just what have you been doing here with your intended, sister?

The insinuation was clear—and how Reiko responds to this unspoken accusation would tell Hime everything.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Once again Hime sounded like she was making sense. She just wanted to help, Hime might not be the gentlest in her attempts to do so, but maybe she did change enough to give her the benefit of the doubt. Reiko did want a sister after all. Yearning for that bloodline camaraderie, to experience it for once without some cruel prank following. They were children back then after all, who's to say that Hime didn't change with age?

They trust her, and so do I. Defending Ibis from Hime's cruel words, Reiko wouldn't back down from that. Ibis learned the downside of sleeping around during the time of her heat, and that was what mattered. Who's to judge? What are you saying? She frowned at Hime's accusation as to why Ibis and she were friends. They were friends because no matter what happened, they had always managed to remain at each other's side. Through thick and thin.

Pulling her head back as Hime lunged forward, her breath and hot and uncomfortable. Reiko feeling small despite them being the same size (except with the rounded sides), she found herself thankful that Hime didn't use her teeth as the lunge might have brought. We are all just packmates who want to stay together after the previous pack disbanded. Keeping Ibis out of Hime's further accusations by not mentioning it was her pack.

Refugees, people seeking a place to stay. Withdrawing further, she made herself as non-threatening as possible under her sister's barrage.
Healing (2/6)

57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
Hime drew back after her comments and questions, acting as if nothing untoward had happened. She enjoyed seeing her sister shrink before her. It was just like when they were kids—better, even, because they were grown and they were wise to the world now. Hime prided herself in being judicious when it counted, shrewd when she must be, and did not care how it came off to others. She had been a ruler in her own right while Reiko had been out in the universe, struggling among the peasants. Rather than grow smarter for it, she grew softer, weaker. Hime was here to correct all of that.

Refugees, though? If this were real life Reiko would be the sister that goes off to Doctors Without Borders while Hime bitched to her sorority sisters about her goodie-two-shoes twin. She scowls at the concept; unruly peasants could make someone feel powerful, and it sounded like a fun little game at first, except Reiko wasn't motivated by such things. So then why bother helping them?

Your loyalties are adorable sister. I am sure these people adore having someone to fetch them meals, tend their wounds, and mother them through hardship. Hime's tone was ill-fitting, sounding more like a mimcry of Reiko's own. She sighs, drawing out the moment with a proven actresses prowess, and then watches Reiko where she's shrinking. You are so soft. I only want what is best for you, you know—It pains me to think of how these people are taking advantage of your sweet little heart. Soon you will be a real mother and your focus should be on your little royals. I am here to help you.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It was hard to listen to Hime, not only for her biting tone but the fact that she kept sounding right. Like everything she said was like gospel rather than something Reiko could blatantly see as a devious plot to ruin their home. Again and again she made it clear that all she wanted to do was help and nothing more - but even Reiko would have to see it for it to be true. She only hoped not to see anything that would prove Hime's intentions were anything but good. As Hime drew back, Reiko felt like she could breathe again - completely unaware that she was holding her breath at all for the brief moment she was! 

Isn't that what leaders are to do? Care for their followers? Already she knew Hime would deny that, but Reiko knew, deep in her, that she was right. It was the only way to be a good leader, it was to ensure everyone was fed, safe, and happy. .. okay. It was only now that she finally relented. Accepting Hime's help no matter how off it made her feel, no matter how much her instincts screamed not to.

But only until they are weaned. After that, you need to step down. I'd be happy for you to remain as a princess, as my sister... but we have enough leaders. A part of her told her Hime wouldn't accept that, but she tried regardless... Hime was blood after all, and she had to offer something in return than to just throw her down to a regular noble rank after all this help she would do in the near future.
Healing (2/6)

57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
The smile that passed over her features made Hime briefly resemble her sister, as if Reiko was looking at a mirrored reflection of herself from the days before her pregnancy. Whatever passion had flared in Hime dissipated as she listened, hiding how she truly felt behind a well practiced mask of sisterly adoration.

Of course it is, my dear. But one must know one's place, and yours, your husbands, mine—we're meant to rule over them, not sink to their level in the filth. She explained this as if she were speaking to a child, for thats what it felt like. How could Reiko hope to be a good Empress if she could not even follow these simple tenets? They had been raised in their clan together after all, so Hime knew her sister had been taught the same lessons.

As for her rank, and their future, Hime's smirk grew a little. Yes, of course. Whatever you are comfortable with. She nods, and looks away; rising to her feet, Hime presses a cold-nose nuzzle against her sister's cheek that's barely affectionate, and murmurs, Now, do you need anything..? I can have someone fetch you a fresh meal, I'm sure there's a guardsman around here somewhere-- but even before Reiko could answer, the woman was drifting off to seek out such aid. She would return at some point to deposit this offering for her sister to consume, bursting in the middle where fresh herbs have been packed.

Exit Hime.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Looking at Hime now was eerie - not having her by Reiko's side felt like she was almost a stranger, and that Rei was looking into a reflection of herself. Skinnier, more put together, calm, she didn't know what to think in the moment than just hope it would fade away and leave this as nothing but a bad dream. But it was no dream. She didn't fade. Hime spoke down on Reiko just as she did with everyone else, it was so natural for her. 

Before Reiko could say anything, Hime had departed with the promise of some food and swiftly returned. Too blind by the conversation at hand, the image of Hime appearing out of nowhere, Reiko didn't question the herbs stuffed within the piece of meat and ate it in hopes that it would help ease her anxieties by having something in her belly right now. 

And ease her anxieties it did. Not long after eating, instead of finding her den to sleep in, Reiko found herself slumbering on the spot she had been sitting in. Heavy eyelids taking her away to sleepytown junction before she even realized what was happening.

- End! <3
Healing (2/6)