Whitefish River And I see fire, hollowing souls,
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
Left as soon as she informed Ira, and then came back literally a few hours later. However, with a gift! Between her jaw she held @Leshen, a random pup picked up on the way, that the ex-warrior could not simply just.. Leave behind. There was no mother that went after her either, justfying this 'kidnapping.'

"Do not move." Once within Kaistleoki land, only then Orlaith dropped him so, but ordered to stay put. She needed to call for @Ira, or maybe @Speedy? Were there even mothers in this Pack? The wolf didn't really interact too much with anyone else, and didn't know too many within it's bounds.. Well, whatever.

Now they have a pup.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
the blood you bleed—
is just the blood you owe
34 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks for starting! <3

Oof! Leshen dropped to the ground like bag of stones, and groaned at the ache that rattled his entire body. He looked up at the fire-laden she-wolf, and fixed her with a glare that broadcasted every bad word he’d learned his short life: Thief! Idiot! Traitor! Coward! Bitch!

She was lucky he was too exhausted and confused to run, because his immediate thought was to disobey her. Leshen looked around the unfamiliar area, and could not choose a direction in which he wanted to bolt, upsetting him more. His nose wriggled, frown deepening, as he sat there and craned his head about; too enfeebled to yet flee.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It had been a slow week, but Ira had worked through the stiff and sore to ensure her muscles stayed strong. Her fur had yet to properly grow back, but at least it was beginning to. It seemed that whatever marks left from her injury would only be temporary, or at the very least hidden once her pelt had returned to its former glory.

The day had been another slow start, Ira left her children's side to attend to some duties, Orlaith departed and now she was out to patrol some of the borders. As she walked a call rang out, though what puzzled her more was the fact that it was Orlaith's voice. Hadn't she left? The Count would take no time to change her course and meet the firey woman.

Orlaith, you're back? No sooner than the words fell from her mouth did her eyes drift to catch the dark body nearby. A child. What was a child doing here? Was it Orlaiths? And who's this? He looked young, but he was probably older than her own children. Perhaps giving him the chance to speak would open him up more as currently, he looked rather upset.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"It's not mine." Orlaith immediately defended herself, wanting no accusations as she saw Ira look puzzled, and drfted toward the child and to herself. She believed if she did go through motherhood, her body would still feel such pains, but she was healthy as ever, and showed no signs of having so. So she convinced herself, she has no memory so.. Never could be sure.

"I was making my way," downtown, "and I saw this kid just digging a hole, there was no parent in sight. No smell, no trace- no one followed me either. They were completely alone." The phoenix explained, as she looked toward Leshen. She still couldn't understand what mother would simply abandon them so, "I couldn't really leave them out there, y'know?"
the blood you bleed—
34 Posts
Ooc —
Head bowed and shoulders hunched, Leshen remained sitting, even at the arrival of another unfamiliar she-wolf — though he was not too rattled to offer her the same sort of accusatory stare he continued to give the first criminal. This co-conspirator was grey as stone, and had keen, sunny eyes that made him feel too anxious to look into for very long.

He side-eyed his hijacker as if she were lying about his circumstances, but the boy said nothing to refute her. He was so physically and mentally overwhelmed at this point that he would do just about anything to have them just leave him alone. Even if that meant sitting there, and listening to them yap about him, until they went away.

They would go away, right?
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Lurking, cameo unless directly addressed. Tag me if you do so I can not miss it by accident. :P

Nutmeg had been looking for bigger mud puddle (preferably a mud ocean, it would be glorious) when she'd found herself pulled in a direction that lead elsewhere. She wasn't consciously sure why, she just did. There was a lot of stuff she just tuned out and outright ignored, so randomly going a direction that seemed good was a lot more subconscious recognition than otherwise might have been for some other pup.

She'd crossed the path of her mother, and thus, she ambled along until she spotted her and someone else up ahead and crept closer to investigate, staying in the shadow a of a bush as she watched, dropping on her stomach to lay in the darkness like an alert border collie. What was going on here? Was that another kid? She couldn't see too well through the adults' legs. But she'd hang out and watch because why not, she was curious.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Abandoned? Who would leave their pup? Ira couldn't even imagine, though perhaps something had happened to his mother...perhaps it was not intentional, but the only means of survival. Either way, it left them with a problem. You are alone? This time her question was addressed to the boy. Ira had no reason to doubt Orlaith, she was too straightforward to lie, but she'd like to hear it from the boy himself. Do you have a name? A home? If not... there was room to provide here. There was no way she could turn him away now with a healthy conscious and it's not as if Kaistleoki has not cared for a stranded pup before should his family be missing.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
She looked down at the grub, who looked around with glares of accusations. She wasn't sure why they were so against coming along, especially since there wasn't an adult in sight, "Maybe he's hungry." Orlaith suggested, assuming he hasn't ate in a while. He was trying to dig in a burrow after all, presuming after some sort of meal.

"Since I was already planning to move out, I can try to look further for his folks too," the fire suggested. She already had a goal in mind, to find any clues of her past. It was simple to add that to the tally, if she asked around if anyone was missing a pup. Surely, someone was.
the blood you bleed—
34 Posts
Ooc —
As if being chided, Leshen pulled his ears back and lowered his head while the dean of this witless academy spoke directly to him. He didn’t meet her gaze, and appeared quite obstinate about answering, despite being clearly aware of what he had been asked. The little scoundrel simply pouted; avoiding eye contact with the adults, as if not looking at them would somehow make him ignorant to their presence.

He perked up involuntarily at the mention of being “hungry,” though he was just as quick to resume his sulking — continuing to act like he wasn’t desperate for a meal.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira watched the boy carefully even when he turned his head to sulk. Who knows how long he had been left alone, though the slight perk at the mentioning of food suggested a while. A weak half-smile struck her at his mannerisms, he was either shy or stubborn, but based on the pout she'd bet on the latter. You don't need to speak, but I'd like to help you. There are other kids here, I can offer you a dry place within my den and a meal to start? Does that sound nice? Little did she know, one of her daughters had already found her way over. Perhaps if she had spidey mother senses she would have called Nutmeg out to meet the other as an attempt to get him to open up. Alas, she did not so her gaze flicked up to Orlaith as she nodded, See about finding a mother until then he will be raised here.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
last post for me!

"Can do." Especially since the wolf was already heading out, it wouldn't be a problem to add to the list. Though now it was getting later, most likely Orlaith would spend the night, and head out fresh in the morning. If she was lucky, a clue would come right up to her face, and then could concentrate on the missing parents.

Satisfied, off to a random place to sleep to energize for tomorrow.
the blood you bleed—
34 Posts
Ooc —
Leshen couldn’t help but to hear all the things that enticed him: company, shelter, and — most importantly — something to eat. His stomach rumbled at the mere thought. The prospect of getting some food, after this whole ordeal, was enough to make him forget that he wanted to go back to the place he last saw his mother and sister; despite having no clue where that actually was. He figured he could just worry about it later.

The ravenous child straightened up into an attentive sit, and gave the kind, sweet, criminal abettor, a casual side-eye. I’m listening…

His captor was dismissed then, and he watched the blunt-weapon of a she-wolf trot along on her way as if she’d committed no crime. Where is she going? Leshen’s knee-jerk reaction was to go after her, so he jumped up from his sit, as if to follow. Wait…

WHAT ABOUT MY RIGHTS?

Leshen gave a single bark after the big bitch, then he plopped back down on his haunches and somehow managed to frown even deeper than before. After a moment, it occurred to him that the dominant wolf in this situation had the power to stop this miscarriage of justice, and he looked at her fiercely.

Why aren’t you punishing her?!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Wrap up here?

Orlaith walked off which seemed to stir a response from the boy as he was quick to find his way to his paws and yell at her departing form. A single chuckle escaped the Count, almost scoff like but more playful in tone as she moved closer to the pup, Not very fond of her, are you? If we took you from a family we will find them and reunite you, but we couldn't leave you vulnerable in the elements. She'd wait for a response, or more likely, a look from the boy before jerking her head to direct him to something behind her. Let's have a meal, shall we? Providing he followed, Ira would lead him to a cache to find something suitable to share.