Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Territory #7 - Paradise Falls 
Tags: @Valour 
Setting: September 14th, 12 pm, 75° F 

Nyra had been kept inside the Healer's Den for a few days now, spare part of yesterday when she snuck out and found Hemlocke. 
With a sigh, the great wraith stiffly rose to her paws. She didn't plan on going that far today. Just outside, to the waterfall. 

Out here in the open she sat,  watching the roaring downpour of water. It was peaceful in its own way.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
This was something he couldn't fix on his own...

The torn flesh on his neck and sides were swollen and festering despite the herbs he'd scavenged up. He had held onto the poppies and the splitting headache that made the world swim around him seemed reason enough to crunch them all between his fangs and swallow them down. After twenty minutes he was up and slowly wandering around the territory, waltzing up to the falls and slumping at the water's edge lapping listlessly at the water for a long while before he looked up and noticed Nyra despite her being clearly visible. One eye cracking open to blink foggily at her he noticed the healing wounds and grunted "You got messed up too huh?" unbeknownst to him there was a crud ton of pus and disgusting goop flowing from behind the closing useless eyelid. 
3/10 mastery
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As Valour came up and lapped at the water, she watched quietly until he noticed her and how hellish she herself looked

"I got attacked by Ursus after one of their brats tried to lunge at me and I ragdolled him. You don't look very pretty yourself right now." She kept a bit of humor in her voice as she answered him, especially about his own injuries, stiffly getting up and limping over to lie down next to him "How about you? What happened?" The pale wraith asked as she lowered her form to the grass, concern in her tone as well as her eyes, which were starting to look much better than they did before Dove started taking care of her.
Health (100/100)
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"good for you. They deserved it, what the hell are they thinking attacking an allied wolf?" he wasn't surprised but even so his ears shifted uncomfortably on top of his head while he eyed her until she asked what happened to him and he looked down. Staring into the water he considered just saying it but the words caught in his throat making his voice strained and rough as he answered "I got my ass kicked trying to protect someone. Do you know any healing?" It was somewhat the truth and he felt comforted by the fact that he didn't have to share or think any further on the messed up memory of Clay's stiff, charred, partially eaten body or the monster who'd eaten his eye and dragged the warmth of his life away forever. "Does Don know what Ursus did? He might get pissed at them" he switched gears fast adding more questions to keep her talking about things not involving his physical state. 
3/10 mastery
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra's ears swiveled back as the male seemed to get choked up and sad. As much as it didn't look like it with Ursus, she could, at least occasionally, take a hint. 
"I don't know nearly as much as Dove seems to. She's the medic here, been treating me for a few days now. I came back early in the night a few days back, and Donovan went with Derg to go talk to them about it the next morning." She sighed and adjusted her body a little, "If I know Ursus as well as I think I do, they want me dead. I'd be surprised if they didn't." 
Health (100/100)
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Nodding he made note to seek out the woman. He had no idea how bad it was but he knew he was in poor shape. He listened as she explained that Donovan and Derg were quick to get on the issue though his calm expression grew immediately fierce and he lifted his head good eye wild "That won't happen. Do you understand me? I won't let it" his words were vehement but with the loss of one of the few people he'd had on his side fresh in his head the idea that he'd lose someone he considered a potential friend and at the least an ally sent him into a near frenzy. "don't go near them. Please. I'm not ordering you, I won't stop you but let me handle some things. I have to heal but I talked to another Saints member. They're a little tricky but I may get their help with Ursus too. I will also be working on Donovan. Surely this and what I know of Ursus will be enough to turn him against them" after he finished the burst of emotion drained him further and he pressed his face into the water soaking it in the coolness for a few moments before pulling it out with a pained grimace continuing to talk in a low voice so only she could hear to keep himself distracted from the pain "I think we should give Don a chance. He's definitely a strange leader for sure and I wouldn't be surprised if he's done some bad stuff but with Derg also in the lead with a more serious logical attitude and someone who knows a variety of packs and could work on useful allies The Saints may be alright once Ursus is handled and away from us. Especially if we help take them down" he finally fell silent giving her time to respond to everything said while turning the injured side of his face into the water and cooling it off again groaning audibly. 
3/10 mastery
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The pale giant definitely wasn't expecting him to get so fierce, or... protective? If that was what this display of emotion was called. She had only truly ever seen protectiveness a few times with her sisters and the cult she once belonged to. This...this felt slightly different. 

Unsure about Valour's boundaries, Nyra edged closer until she was gently pressed to his side, where she then rested her head over his shoulders, trying to offer some form of comfort. 
"First...if this embrace isn't okay with you, I'll move back to where I was, so you have your space. Second...I won't go near them again by myself. I intend to keep that promise. But, if war is waged, I have no doubts all of us will be needed on the frontlines." She spoke softly so only he could hear. She would do her best to stay by his side, as a friend, for as long as possible. This she dually intended to follow through on.
Health (100/100)
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
While the young man tensed at her approach he only stared her down with a wary and tired silver eye. As of late his will to do much of anything aside from lay about or patrol to keep up on things was gone. Unsure what her plan was he did bare his teeth at her in silent warning until she lay to the ground and put her head across shoulders. Lips lowering slowly to cover his teeth he held silent as she spoke allowing her to rest with him and embracing the familiar feeling of companionship. "When war is waged there will be many fighting beside you. I'm hoping Donovan will help if I can gain his trust enough to tell him what I know of them especially after what they did to you" 
3/10 mastery
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"I think he will value your input, especially once trust is gained from him." Nyra answered, "If he comes to visit me here while I'm healing, I may bring up some strategies to him, to keep our home more secure until we do go to war." The white wraith was silent after that, allowing for the young male to process and answer her.
Health (100/100)
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
So she was a strategist. It reminded him of Vanity and only made him welcome the closeness of her comfort more. "I am better at manipulating behind the scenes. Gathering info. Gaining trust. I also am better at fighting than plotting war but I know Ursus I've been there before and I'll be going alone again" his eye turned toward her lips curving into a smirk "They hate me but i'll hunt, bring them food. Make some stupid speech about alliances. I expect them to try to eat me" he said this all casually as if it wasn't a stupid idea "If they do I have more reason to talk to Donovan. If they don't then I can slowly pull information off of them" while this was a new idea spurned by the rage festering inside of him, Nyra's attack made him even more intent on quickening the rate at which he piled information together. 
3/10 mastery
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She listened to him speak, took in his words with a patient attentiveness. She was barely a strategist, more so a warrior, but she would always offer what she could. 
"Before you go, I suggest getting your wounds looked at by @Dove and healing up as much as possible, so you can at least get away if they swarm you like they did me..."
Nyra sighed softly, shuffling slowly into a standing position "Look at me, full in the face...please, meet my eyes."

Once he did, or did so as best he could, she spoke again, a gentlefirmness in her voice "We have a common enemy, a mutual goal. Therefore, I promise to stay by your side and fight alongside you, as a friend, and a comrade - for as long as I am alive." 
Nyra had never made such a vow before, but she intended to do everything in her power to keep it. It was up to him if he accepted her promise or not, but she hadn't exactly put her promise in words that hinted at a choice being given.
Health (100/100)
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Slowly he'd learned such suggestions weren't pointing out his weakness but rather a reminder that he wasn't unbeatable and had to have more sense when injured. So when she suggested he seek out Dove he nodded and stated that he would do so and as requested he lifted his eyes to hers unblinkingly as she vowed herself to him as a friend and comrade. It reminded him of Clarence but he was too numbed and tired out by life to dwell on the spotted wolfdog for too long. Instead he gave a slow sigh "No matter what happens after this all goes through, stick with me and I'll do the same. A wolf needs at least one companion throughout life" it rang almost hollow but inside there was a spark, a little flicker of warmth that would grow in time until he was just as loyal to her as he was to Nightwalkers. Before he could grow to comfortable in the poppy filled haze and snuggling a trusted friend he lifted his head and shifted letting her know he planned to stand up and when her chin was off of his back he'd rise "Seek me out anytime. When I'm healed up more I need to start getting back into shape before war. If you want a spar i'm down" a friendly smile lit his face though it was fleeting as the muscles shrieked with agony from the movement. At that he was the one to turn and give her a playul swat of his tail before he trotted off toward the healer's pass, unsure where else to find or summon a medic.
3/10 mastery
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As her friend rose, she smiled as he spoke, nodding once at his returned promise of sorts. 
"Once we're both healed up a bit more, I'll spar with you any time. Feel free to seek me out yourself, if you desire company." Nyra offered back, chuckling at his playful tail swat before she started toward the Healer's Den, tucked neatly into the Paradise Falls territory. She could get more rest and definitely needed it if she was to heal well before winter set in. 

With that, she glances at him one last time, smiling softly as she slips into Dove's domain
Health (100/100)